Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create a completely new palette (not tool palette)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
anthony_turner
447 Views, 8 Replies

Is it possible to create a completely new palette (not tool palette)

Hi,

I have several palettes (xref, layer, properties and tool palettes) anchored to both sides of my screen and I was wondering if I could create a brand new palette that I could customise and anchor instead of jsut creating another new tab on the tool palette.

Is it possible?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: anthony_turner

Nope.
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

Dean is correct that there is no function OTB.

But if you want to spend time or money in development, you can do that using dotNET programming (>>>click<<<)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 9

Thank you both for your replies, I will look into the .net programming side of things although thats not really my forte.

Thanks again
Tony

Message 5 of 9
dmfrazier

I'm just curious to know what other type of palette would you want to create?  Maybe palette groups, or distinct profiles and/or workspaces would help you achieve what you're after.

Message 6 of 9
anthony_turner
in reply to: dmfrazier

Hi.

What I was hoping to do was to have a palette for my Vault commands and maybe one or two others commands. I have my own profile and ribbon panel and would like to be able to use the Vault commands without having to flick between tabs and change ribbons. I don't want to use the tool palette as I would still be flicking between tabs, so I thought an anchored Vault palette would be nice.

I wasn't hopeful of being able to do it but sometimes you get lucky.

Hope this satisfies your curiousity.

Tony

p.s. I also like to play around with the software.

Message 7 of 9
dmfrazier

"Hope this satisfies your curiousity."

It does.  The basis for my curiosity was to see if with more information other ideas would come to me.  Unfortunately, nothing new is coming up.

"p.s. I also like to play around with the software."

(Don't let this get around, but so do I!)

And that's a very good thing, as long as you're careful to wear the proper protective gear. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
anthony_turner
in reply to: dmfrazier

Maybe the functionality will come one day. I guess we're spoilt with Autocad - I've never known a more customisable piece of software.

I was trying to figure out how to word the p.s.. I realised it sounded a bit dodgy, so I was going to put that I liked to fiddle with it but that didn't sound right either.

Message 9 of 9
neilyj666

LOL

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost