Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it okay to use several scales on one drawing?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
william.winder
399 Views, 4 Replies

Is it okay to use several scales on one drawing?

Whats up folks.

Not sure if this is the right place for the question, but I'm sure I'll soon find out if its not, so here goes. I'm doing a layout for some 2d scale drawings of a wristwatch. I already have two viewports, showing the plan, and the elevation of the watch, (both 1:1) and now I'd like a third that shows the watch face in a bit more detail. That however, will require me to use a 1:2 scale. Can I do this? I've written in my title block that I'm using 1:2 @ A3, so I was thinking is there some sort of way to do a detail? Kind of like a more professional version of a magnifying glass.

Anyone able to give me some insight on the matter.

Regards,

Will

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kentr8
in reply to: william.winder

use as many scales and views as you need
Message 3 of 5
scot-65

Viewport scales can be any value you assign.
Suggest placing a bar scale or similar INSIDE the visible viewport boundary.
You can do this while in paper space.
In the title block, show the most relevant scale of the paper space page.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 4 of 5
BeKirra

Yes, you can assign different scales to vports and this is one of the big reasons that layout (paper space) exists.

You may need to place "scale tag" to each vport or place "bar scale" as scot-65 pointed out.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 5 of 5
hwalker

The way we do it at work is to have a title above the individual drawing with the scale written at the end

eg

FIG.1: PLAN OF WRISTWATCH     SCALE 1:1

FIG.2: CLOSE UP VIEW OF FACE OF WRISTWATCH     SCALE 1:2

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost