Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing sp's

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
622 Views, 12 Replies

Installing sp's

Have AutoCAD 2012 and noticed that I don't have any of the service packs loaded. Downloaded the sp1 and try to install and got this message. "The service pack could not be installed because the expected Autodesk product could not be found on your computer", but it is? I do have the correct sp. Can anybody help?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you sure you downloaded the SP for the right version?  Also make sure you did not download the 32bit SP if your AutoCAD is 64bit, and vice versa

Updates & Service Packs

Message 3 of 13
braudpat

Hello

Are you sure of the Autodesk/AutoCAD software installed on your PC ?

On the command line: ABOUT

and check in the dialog box, the exact version of your AutoCAD ?

The 32/64 bits Service Pack downloaded must match the 32/64 bits version of your ACAD !

The Health, Happy New Year, Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

I am sure I have the right version and 64bit, but will check again.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: braudpat

Yes, my CAD is installed on my computer, and I do have the right version with the 64bit.

Message 6 of 13
braudpat

Hello

Maybe a "French" stupid idea :

The Service Pack for ACAD and ACAD LT are not the same !?

So I imagine you have downloaded the correct SP for the correct software ??

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
dmfrazier

A screenshot of the Product Info screen (with any "sensitive" info obscured, of course) would also be helpful.

Also, if you installed it from a suite, be sure to get the service pack for the suite.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: braudpat

Yes, AutoCAD2013 and not Acad LT.

Message 9 of 13
dgorsman
in reply to: dmfrazier

My thoughts exactly.  if the product is AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Mechanical, etc. then the SP for that specific product must be used, not the vanilla AutoCAD SP.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 10 of 13
dmfrazier
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks for the clarification: I used the word "suite", but I should have said "vertical". Smiley Embarassed

Message 11 of 13
Dazzman

Do you have AutoCAD 2012 as you first stated or AutoCAD 2013 as you said later on?

For AutoCAD 2012 you should find these service pack files autocad2012sp1x64.exe and AutoCAD_2012_SP2_64bit.exe.

For AutoCAD 2013 you should find these service pack files AutoCAD_2013_SP1.1_64bit.exe and AutoCAD_2013_SP2_64bit.exe.

Hope this helps?

Message 12 of 13
nestly2

Your original message says "AutoCAD2012" but your last messages indicates "AutoCAD2013"

To reiterate what DMFrazier said, type ABOUT at the command line then click "Product Information" and post a screenshot (with sensitive information obscured)

about.jpg

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: dmfrazier

Okay I got it! I was downloaded the wrong SP for AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2013. Once I found and installed it, it worked. Thanks you for all your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost