Inserting title block

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sarahtheresh
564 Views, 4 Replies

Inserting title block

Hi,

Is there a way i can insert a titleblock through the design center by selecting the the layout and dragging it in. When i bring it in it gives me just the blank paper without the title block.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

first verify that the current layer (or the layers of geometry within the blockdefinition) are not switched off or frozen.

Next, after inserting the block into a new layout press <CTRL><A> and look into the property window what objects are selected, especially if there is a block with your titleblock-name. And as I guess you'll see the block in the list of selected entities it might be:

to small, any unit scaling has it mad to small to be visible on the screen

to large, so _ZOOM EXTENTS might show the block then

If you create a new drawing, and do one time drag & drop the block into the layout you can save that drawing and upload it here ... we can then help to find it 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

Im attaching a title block and a drawing which i tried bringing it into. thanx for your help.

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

Open your "titleblock.dwg", rename the layout with your titleblock to anything else than the default "Layout1", e.g. "A4_TITLEBLOCK", save that drawing and try then again to drag & drop the layout into another dwg. Does that work?

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5

yes! thank you:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost