Did you mean:Ā 

Importing images into a particular layer

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
505 Views, 5 Replies

Importing images into a particular layer

Whenever I drag and drop an image into my file, it always defaults into the 0 layer. Unfortunately, when I try to switch the image from 0 to my desired layer, the system haults for at least a minute, making the placement of hundreds of images painful, to say the least. I'd imagine one fix for this would be to change the default layer that images are placed into. Sadly, I don't know how to change that default.

Thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

drag and drop from where exactly?
Is layer 0 your current active layer?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

From an outside folder on my desktop into AutoCAD. I'm a bit new to AutoCAD so what constitutes the "active layer" isn't clear to me. 0 is turned on and visible, as is the layer that I'd like the image to go into. I'm not sure how I'd make a layer active or not (if "active" doesn't mean visible/invisible).
Message 4 of 6
mathewkol

You can have a hundred layers, but only 1 is the "active" or "current" layer. This can be set in the ribbon. Objects are always placed on the current layer. You can't specify that one kind of object is placed on one layer and another type of object on a different layer. You set the desired layer current and then start creating objects.

You can look in Help for how to set a layer current.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mathewkol

I was searching the wrong combination of words. This always happens. Thanks for the help!
Message 6 of 6
mathewkol

It's my pleasure.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost