Did you mean: 

Import Step File

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
macha_p
8065 Views, 9 Replies

Import Step File

Hi to you all

I work with AutoCAD civil 3d as AutoCad 2014 and I'm trying to import a step file.

Thing is that I don't have step file as an option in my import file window.

So, what do I do?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
nestly2
in reply to: macha_p

Are you certain you're using the IMPORT command? STEP(.stp) is available in my 2014 file type list.
Message 3 of 10
skintsubby

Use the vanila AutoCAD 2014. It's under import in there.

Message 4 of 10
macha_p

Civil is all I have, it wasn't too importante anyway.

Thanks to  all good people here, I can always count on you.

Have a nice day

Message 5 of 10
JDMather

@macha_p wrote:

Civil is all I have, it wasn't too importante anyway.

Civil runs on top of vanilla.
You can start as plain jain vanilla AutoCAD.

civil as vanilla.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 10
karen.bauer
in reply to: JDMather

I realize this is an old post but I was having same problem with autocad Civil 3d 2014. I was hoping the vanilla version would work but the .stp is still not showing in list either.

Thanks for your help though!

Message 7 of 10
Patchy
in reply to: karen.bauer

I think if you use OPTIONS, go to Profile Tab, there should be plain autocad that you can use.

(From memory, I'm not sure)

Message 8 of 10
karen.bauer
in reply to: Patchy

Thanks Patchy, I actually did open the plain autocad but still no .stp in list, just a short selection, 3ds, sat, fbx, igs, wmf, and dgn.

I did however just find a simple program for converting 3d files from .stp to .3ds and other formats that will probably work.

Thanks again for your quick response!
Message 9 of 10
BeKirra
in reply to: karen.bauer

1st of all, I think it would be better to post your question in civil forum (I am with AutoCAD Mechanical version).

However, I have tried in my AutoCAD plain version (2014) and it confirmed JDMather's explanation. I have also tried to have a look in online help for Civil but found no way to get in as I don't have Civil version (I may be wrong). BTW, there is an import step file command "stepin" in Mech. You may give a look in Civil if there is a same command.

HTH

Import Command.jpg

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 10 of 10

Hi all,

I have a problem with Auto Cad Mechanical 2018 opening the step-files. Auto Cad will not show an option for opening the file. I am also not able to open any other file by option "Open". With other words he doesn't want to search for the files. He only shows me the option that is presented on the picture below.

Thank you for the answer
Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost