Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Line work from a Smart Pen

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ArchD
419 Views, 2 Replies

Import Line work from a Smart Pen

We have a series of 11x17 images that we would like to trace many lines from and import them into AutoCAD. I know it's possible to attach the images then trace them directly in AutoCAD, but for our purposes I believe it would just be easier to trace over them using some sort of smart pen like the Livescribe.

Has anyone been in the same boat or does anyone know wether the Livescribe pen will do this? I seen another smart pen called the Adapx's Capturx pen and that one seems to be more suited for what I need, but I'm not sure if it will do what I need. Basically I am just looking for some input on these pens that will allow me to trace linework directly from a sheet of paper then import it into AutoCAD for fine tuning.

Any help would be appreciated.

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: ArchD

Your wish is well ahead of the technology: try again in a couple of years.
Message 3 of 3
dbroad
in reply to: ArchD

Livescribe requires special paper.  Its format and purpose are strictly for internal use for recording and presentation of visual and audio in that context.

The technology is already here though and has been here for as long as CAD has been around.  Just tape your paper to a tablet and trace it into AutoCAD.

I prefer the scan, scale and trace method though.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost