Did you mean: 

Ignore xref with match properties

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
jcole
3502 Views, 13 Replies

Ignore xref with match properties

Is there a way to get the match properties command to ignore external references? When I use the match properties command (A LOT!) I have to try to not hover over the xref becuase it hightlights and locks up my cursor for a few seconds...I setthe ERHIGHLIGHT to 0 but it is still highlighting..

thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
massimo.corradi
in reply to: jcole

Yes! Go to >Options >Selection >Preview >Visual Effect Settings. There in >Advanced Options you can set Xref (and other stuff) to be excluded from highlighting when you mouse over them.

Message 3 of 14
jcole
in reply to: massimo.corradi

I tried that also. It is still picking up the xref when I use match properties. It may not be completely highlighting it but there is a noticable hesitation when I hover over the xref.

Message 4 of 14
zalant

For the MATCHPROP command, there are two phases:  first you select the source object, and then you pick the target object. The 'Exclude' checkbox items that Massimo made reference to only affect the selection of the source phase of MATCHPROP. The xrefs will still be considered by Selection Preview during the phase of picking the target object. This behavior is as designed.

You might consider putting your xrefs on a specific drawing layer, and then toggling that layer off prior to executing the MATCHPROP command.

Zac Travis
Message 5 of 14
m177
in reply to: zalant

My 2013 version doesn't do this, but my 2016 does highlight.  It's very annoying and inefficient.  

When did this "feature" become part of AutoCAD?

Message 6 of 14
m177
in reply to: m177

Ok.... so at least for AutoCAD 2016 (I think this applies to 2015 as well), COMMANDPREVIEW system variable is the cause for this issue.  

It is ON by default and tries to show you what the outcome will be if you do what you are intending on doing, i.e.  match properties of a dash line to a solid line will let you preview what the solid line would appear like if you do select.  I'm sure there is a good use for this feature, but it slows down my computer too much.

Message 7 of 14
jason.lowZL7M6
in reply to: m177

Thank you so much M177 - You have reduced my assisted in reducing my AutoCAD stress level.
Message 8 of 14

Hi @jason.lowZL7M6,

CommandPreview can be useful at times but toggling it off is easy too.  You might also explore using the SelectionPreview command as well to see how it might affect your process.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 9 of 14
j.t.c.low
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John, thank you for that. I have adjusted the selectionpreview variable before and it works wonders.

kind regard,

Jason

Message 10 of 14
faisaljaveduae

go to option-selection-selection mode and then unchek Non/Verb selection

this can solve your prob

Message 11 of 14
willsrancho

Go to options >Selection > Uncheck Command preview under preview section. problem solved. Enjoy!!!

Josh

Message 12 of 14
faisaljaveduae

Thanx bro
Message 13 of 14
Carlomight

I know this was marked as Solved a long time ago already, but I humbly think the solution wasn't satisfactory. I personally dont like renouncing to the command preview, so what I do is far simpler: I have my xrefs on a layer which I then lock. Just that...

Message 14 of 14
RobDraw
in reply to: Carlomight

@Carlomight wrote:

I know this was marked as Solved a long time ago already, but I humbly think the solution wasn't satisfactory. 

Or the question wasn't worded well.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost