Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERNAL ERROR

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jedenton
906 Views, 5 Replies

INTERNAL ERROR

Get this internal error trying to open some drawings. Can open them on another computer so something must not be loaded on the one I am using. See attachment:. Internal Error: Class' AcAmgDimStd' parent named 'AcmSymbolStd' not found. What needs to be loaded ??
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jedenton

Hi,

I guess you are speaking about AutoCAD Mechanical? If so >>>there<<< is the forum for Mechanical ... and verify that you have started with the Mechanical profile and not with the vanilla one.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
jedenton
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred, My bad on the mechanical part, but what do you mean by start with mechanical profile. I have imported my own. Should I delete mine and make a new one?
Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> but what do you mean by start with mechanical profile

AutoCAD Mechanical is installed with two profiles, one that includes the Mech-functionality and another one (Vanilla) that only does the plain AutoCAD work.

So verify that the Mechanical part is active in your working profile, otherwise there might be issues when you open drawings containing Mech-parts, but you can't work with them because of the wrong profile.

>> Should I delete mine and make a new one?

No, don't delete yours, just search in the Windows start menu for the icon that starts Mechanical with it's original profile (hopfully you have not overwritten the original one).

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 6
jedenton
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yes the acadmpp.arg file is there and I imported mine, so the mech should be working? Not sure I would know how to overwrite one.
Message 6 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> the acadmpp.arg file is there

Again, I'm no Mech-user, but as far as I know the AutoCAD environment from other verticals Autodesk does not create an ARG-file after a fresh install of AutoCAD (and verticals). That might be different for Mechanical and I just don't know that?

At least: if you start AutoCAD with your profile, do the mechanical-specific commands work or not, that is the shortest way to verify what type of profile is active.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost