Did you mean: 

Howto: Making a solid out of/Edit a minserted geometry

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
433 Views, 7 Replies

Howto: Making a solid out of/Edit a minserted geometry

Hello,

i would like to use 3d dwg files from the 50 wood joint library for cnc processing. Therefore i load a dwg file (like attached) into account and want to start editing the wireframe, but thats not possible. Furthermore I expected to be capable of producing a solid for further processing in a CAM software.

How can I edit and make the attached geometry a solid?

Best regards

c_d

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Old trick of Minsert.

Trace over them or dig the net for a code to get rid of it in .DXF

Join the lines and EXTRUDE, cut out the slots where they occur then STLOUT.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

> Trace over them or dig the net for a code to get rid of it in .DXF

I tried to find informations to automatically trace my dxf library without sucess used keywords where "(delete) minsert trace dxf".

Since iam a autocad novice: What would be the appropiate way to find a script which removes this minsert restriction?
Message 4 of 8
rkmcswain

It's not so much the MINSERT, as it is the fact that it's an anonymous block because anything that is MINSERTed, can simply be INSERTed (and exploded) **except** for an anonymous block.

But you can convert the anonymous block to a normal block using code here in post 8, then insert and explode as normal ----- I tried it, it works.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 8
Patchy

Autocad novice, how about Microstation? 

Microstation would drop these blocks with a click.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

@Patchy it seems a little bit like to far to get a software like microstation to get some editable data - but i got a trial what would the process be like to explode the date? @rkmcswain I tried the from you described way and would had expected that this script after naming and executing it would made joint editable. I tried to drag and drop the script into my canvas and also renamed it according to suggestion of Autocad (see below), But after loading the attached script I get the following feedback: Enter script file name : After pressing Enter nothing happens and the block isn't changed. Are they other ways to make the editable without redrawing this library? Best regards
Message 7 of 8
Patchy

There is a way to open .dxf with wordpad and delete the line code and it would get rid of the *block that minseted but I forgot which line.

Nowaday I just open .dxf with microstation, select the elements with power selector, click on drop element (do it 2 or 3 times make sure it isn't minserted many times as the example you posted) and save it as .dwg.

If you get stuck, post the .dxf and let me see.

Message 8 of 8
rkmcswain

@Anonymous wrote:
@rkmcswain I tried the from you described way and would had expected that this script after naming and executing it would made joint editable. I tried to drag and drop the script into my canvas and also renamed it according to suggestion of Autocad (see below), But after loading the attached script I get the following feedback: Enter script file name : After pressing Enter nothing happens and the block isn't changed. Are they other ways to make the editable without redrawing this library? Best regards

See attached.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost