Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to label a line?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
411 Views, 2 Replies

How to label a line?

I can dimension a filleted line. pls help me. I want to show total length of filleted line.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
3wood
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Discussion Group!

Is it possible upload a simple image to illustrate what you need? There are many ways to notate lines/arcs length and summarize the total lengths. If you can show us in more details, it will be easier for people to understand your request.

Message 3 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I want to show total length of filleted line

Look to fields, with them you can create a text from object properties, and one of the properties of polylines is "LENGTH".

If a textobject is not enough and you need something like a dimension then it might be more complicated, depending on the dimension help lines, if they need to be parallel to the polyline (parallel along all segments) then you have to draw it (or create a tool for that). If you just want to create a straight dimension you can also use the dimension text value to replace it by a field. Look to the sample I attached for that.

As there are currently problems with uploading DWG-files I have renamed it to .TXT, so when you download it please rename it bak to .DWG to open it in AutoCAD.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost