Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export AutoCAD file from 3Ds Max model without wireframe?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
san69
4041 Views, 4 Replies

How to export AutoCAD file from 3Ds Max model without wireframe?

I'd like to export AutoCAD file from a model built in 3Ds Max to get some engimeering drawings(as below)
But the dwg file export from 3Ds Max is always with the wireframe(as the last  one)
How could I solve this problem?
Thx
A1-1.pngA2-1.png

A3-1.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: san69

Hi,

what geometry types are your objects in 3DS?

What 3DS version do you have?

And to reproduce (I used now 3DS Max Design 2014 and AutoCAD 2014):

• I created a teapot in 3DS
  • In 3DS I started Export, filetype=DWG
  • In AutoCAD I opened that DWG file
  • The result is a mesh object
  •  

A second trial:

• Same scene in 3DS, but exported as FBX
  • Again the resulting object is a mesh object (havion disabled to create a block while inserting)
  •  

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alfred NESWADBA
    Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (not an Autodesk consultant)
    Message 3 of 5
    san69
    in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

my version of 3Ds is 2012 ,and the object type is mesh
    still cant find a good way to produce engoneering drawings from the 3Ds MAX model.

Message 4 of 5
    Alfred.NESWADBA
    in reply to: san69

Hi,

>> still cant find a good way to produce engoneering drawings from the 3Ds MAX model.

Well, that is clear as 3DS is not interested in any CAD functionality, it's not interested in wireframe-visualisation (where you need less vertices, less triangle edges, ...).

At least: 3DS is one of the best products for animation and visualisation, but it's not the correct product for creation of CAD-like geometry, sorry.

What is your workflow, how do you work, why do you create (or get?) geometry in 3DS that is designed to be reworked in a CAD-system?

If you can describe that there maybe some ideas how to get it done in a better way.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
    Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
    (not an Autodesk consultant)
    Message 5 of 5
    san69
    in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

yeah,everyone told me that I'd better build my model by engineering software(solidword,ProE etc.),or there will be lots of problems.
    I ask this question because I'm much familiar with 3Ds MAX than other tools, so just wanna try to convert 3Ds MAX model to AutoCAD.
    I thought they are all autodesk pruducts ,might have some way to do that
    but it seems like I was wrong@@
    thanks for your help~

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost