Did you mean: 

How to explode 2d objects created in layout from model space

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dilsmails1
4526 Views, 8 Replies

How to explode 2d objects created in layout from model space

Hay

Anybody knows how to explode 2d objects created in layout from model space. I want to color the components in different colors, (I know we can color the whole objects shown in picture -2 but I need it shown in picture -1 but it is colored and exploded, or copy and paste to another drawing file). Is it possible to explode these views and make them separate objects like line, arc, polyline or any? Just I want to get it exploded. You have any ideas? Please share.3D-2.png

3D-1.png

Dileep
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: dilsmails1

A viewport is nothing more than a window view into modelspace from paperspace. There is nothing to "explode".
You can explode the content inside the viewport (which basically means you are exploding then in modelspace). Or you can INSERT blocks in paperspace outside your viewports and explode them. Or you can use CHSPACE command to move and scale an object from modelspace to paperspace through a viewport.
Or while inside a viewport, you can start LAYER command, scroll to the right of that popup to see a new set of viewport only settings and set unique layer colors to objects.
Message 3 of 9
mbuonocore

Not sure I understand.  Are you saying you have two different viewports showing the same elements.  In one viewport you want an object to be one color and the other viewport a different color?  If so, you can use the VPCOLOR option to change the color of objects in that viewport only and still show the model space colors as you drew them.  The VPCOLOR option is only available in the "Floating Modelspace".  Double click inside the viewport, open the layer manager and look for a column labeled VPCOLOR.  Change the color to whatever you want.  It will only change in that viewport.

Message 4 of 9
GrantsPirate

Using the viewbase command and related commands will give you a limited number of layers.  You can change those to colors and linetypes of your choosing but probably not to the level you are hoping for.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 9
dilsmails1

Sorry

You guys are don’t get what really I need. This is not a view port objects. I projected that object from model space to layout using the layout tab. (please take a look on the tool bars in the image). Using the command base, this will give you two option. From model and inventor. Using the first option we can place the object in layout. Then drag the mouse on the sides we will get the different views. Then we can make sections using the section tool. But it always comes as a dynamic block and can change the scale using the scale arrow. I can’t get this explode and copy to another file. If you want to copy this to another file I find only the only way copy from model past to another file then do the same procedure again. But it doesn’t make sense. I need to get that blocks exploded. When we are using the “FLATSHOT” command it we have an option to explode the block. But it gives un necessary lines arcs circles etc. same like any way to explode this books too.

Thanks 

Dileep
Message 6 of 9
GrantsPirate

Re-read my post.  There are a few layers you can change that are created from the viewbase command.

You cannot explode the views created from viewbase.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 7 of 9
justshutup

@dilsmails wrote:

Sorry

You guys are don’t get what really I need. This is not a view port objects. I projected that object from model space to layout using the layout tab. (please take a look on the tool bars in the image). Using the command base, this will give you two option. From model and inventor. Using the first option we can place the object in layout. Then drag the mouse on the sides we will get the different views. Then we can make sections using the section tool. But it always comes as a dynamic block and can change the scale using the scale arrow. I can’t get this explode and copy to another file. If you want to copy this to another file I find only the only way copy from model past to another file then do the same procedure again. But it doesn’t make sense. I need to get that blocks exploded. When we are using the “FLATSHOT” command it we have an option to explode the block. But it gives un necessary lines arcs circles etc. same like any way to explode this books too.

Thanks 

Post your DWG.

Message 8 of 9
dilsmails1
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Sir

Can you please explain me how can we get layers and change colors in view base

Dileep
Message 9 of 9

Hi there!...

I think I understood your question correctly, since I got the same problem. My solution: I use the command EXPORTLAYOUT. This tool generates a new DWG file with the current base views, projections, sections, details, etc that you created in the Layout Tab - Create View tools, but they are now blocks that you can independently explode to do whatever you want with them.

Hope it can help you @dilsmails1... eventhough your post is from 2014... and I'm posting this in October 2020... LOL...

Cheers!

Leonardo Demetrio

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost