Did you mean: 

How to edit tables

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RalphBrown99
770 Views, 4 Replies

How to edit tables

Hi:

I have a previously titleblock that is based in a group of tables. Now I want to edit according to the client needs and I want to change cell height size, cell width size, cell distribution etc.

As far as I can see AutoCAD allows me only to change a couple of features, so I am wondering how to edit according to my needs either in site or exporting to Excel and then doing the changes there

I am sending a screen shot of whatever I have now..

Thanks in advance

Rafael Moreno

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

i feel like tables have always been sketchy in AutoCAD (and one tip for anyone using them, F2 is your friend for editing).

the approach i've found to work best is to create your tables in Excel and use the DATALINK command to create datalinks to the xls files.  then insert a new table into your drawing (you can use Table Styles for formatting them as you wish) but then choose "Datalink" as the source of your data.  ACAD will give you a list of all the datalinks in your drawing and you pick what you need.

I see the original post is quite old, regardless, depending on your version of Cad, the tables in 2012-2015 are quite good. Just place your cursor in a cell and use the properties pallet. If you change the height for that cell, the whole row will change. Columns do the same, etc. I haven't used linked tables for some time,l unless it a real need.
Feeop
Message 4 of 5

I have tried editing the row height in the properties menu but it automatically reverts back, is there a reason for this?

Message 5 of 5

There's probably a conflict between the value you entered and other properties of the row, cell, or overall table.  Some properties (or combinations of properties) will take precedence over others.  For example, you may not be allowed to enter a row height that is less than (or differs from) the sum of the text height plus two vertical cell margins.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost