Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do simple math without using AutoLisp

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tpasienza
377 Views, 4 Replies

How to do simple math without using AutoLisp

I would like to know if there is a way / setting that I can turn of to where can do simple math problems when inputing numbers say for like offsetting a line without having to use AutoLisp.

I have searched on here for about an hour now and could not find an answer. I remember doing this in the past without having this issue.

For example if I was to offset a line I would type in "5.75/2" and get 2.875. I would like to be able to do this without having to type ( / 5.75 2).

Is there a way to do this without having to type all of that.

I am using AutoCad 2014, and at work we design driveline equipment so alot of the drawings are from a front view to a section view, and for like a round cover that is in the front view it is easy to offset the centerline in the section view by the radius and contine drawing the section view.

How can I do this???

Thanks,

Tony

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: tpasienza

Launch 'CAL first then type is how it's done inside AutoCAD, look in HELP for a topic called USE THE COMMAND PROMPT CALCULATOR
Message 3 of 5
Patchy

575/200

Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
tpasienza
in reply to: pendean

Yeah the 'CAL works to do the simple math problems. But is there a way to do it without having to type in 'CAL.

You used to be able to do it without having to type in all these extra commands. I dont understand why I just cant type in 5.75/2 and get the answer that i want to use.

Message 5 of 5
dbroad

No, there has been no change in how calculations are done.  The only exception is numbers expressed as fractions.  In this case, both the numerator and denominator must be integers. Otherwise you can enter formulas in quickcalc or at the command line with 'cal (inside a command) or cal (outside a command) or by using lisp.  Dean's suggestion was correct.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost