Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable object snap on specific part of my drawing

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1401 Views, 8 Replies

How to disable object snap on specific part of my drawing

Hello everyone,ı have a drawing and I want a part of the drawing not to be affected from object snap mode.In other words,ı want object snap catch only other part of the drawing(not the part I mentioned in the previous sentence). Is it possible in autocad? Thank you very much...

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Only way is to change unwanted snap parts to layer DEFPOINTS and then turn the layer 0 to OFF or FREEZE.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

thanks for the answer.But when ı turn off the layer I can not see the part.I want to see the part ,also.

Message 4 of 9
rkmcswain

You could print those objects to PDF or DWF (or export to DGN), erase them from the drawing, and then import the DWF/PDF/DGN as a reference, then adjust the sysvar UOSNAP accordingly so that those objects are ignored.

It sounds like what you are looking for is a quick toggle for snaps on certain objects and this does not exist.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 9
pendean

Not an option as you can tell for the unusual workarounds.
Perhaps you just need to zoom in and cycle or toggle or shortcut-key those osnaps instead like the test of us do.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I know what you exactly what you mean.  It is unlikely that you can eliminate the most common osnaps so make sure the object in the background only has end points and intersections, burst the circles and other rounds.  Make it a block.  Then while working in your “overlay” make sure you use the other osnaps like center and nodes.    

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I have added two buttons added to my custom palette

^C^C_OSNAP CEN,NOD

^C^C_OSNAP CEN,ENDP,MID,INT,NOD,

Try to make heavy use of the command _POINT to create nodes. or just make circles all over the place.   

Message 8 of 9
pendean

Alternate coding for your two macros
^C^C_OSMODE;12
and
^C^C_OSMODE;47
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

pendean thanks,

i was tweeking what i wanted to have active for a while and never updated my macro/buttons when someone told me about osmode... then i forgot.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost