Did you mean: 

How to Match mtext Properties

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
katie1994
49308 Views, 4 Replies

How to Match mtext Properties

I am using LT 2013. I cannot figure out how to match properties for text. I click on the 2 options and the box witdth, orientation, layer will match but not the style or font. I have tried using Quick Properties to select but have not had any success with this tool. Here is what I did:

Created a style and named it Arial.

Open the Quickselect box.

Apply to : click the box and select the various mtext objects.

Object Type: mText

Properties: Style

Operator: Select All

Include in New Selection Set is checked.

I click Ok and the objects are selected.

Next I go to the Properties Manager and change the style to the one I want to use, bu the text does not change. If Idoubleclick a text object it shows the correct style, but not the correct font. What have I missed doing?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: katie1994

MATCHPROP command not an option?

Note: MTEXT can have text/font/properties overrides inside each and editing from the outside is not an option in LT. You will need to go into each MTEXT and remove formatting (it's a right-click option) then you should be able to do what you desire.
Message 3 of 5
katie1994
in reply to: pendean

Match Prop will change the object size, rotation, layer, everything except the font. It says it is the correct Style, but the font does not change. Is this a glitch? Any other object you choose Match Prop will change everything, just in m Text it will not change the font. I even tried changing the font in the Style and it did not make a diffence.

Message 4 of 5
katie1994

OK, figured out the right click. Select the text object, in the text editor select the text, right click and in the popup menu select 'Remove Formatting>All Formatting." Then you can use Match Properties, but again, it has to be done to each text object individually.

That clears up one mystery, thanks. I will accept this as the solution.

Oops too soon. It worked once, but I can not get it to do it again. 

Message 5 of 5
pendean

You need to be inside the MTEXT editor to remove formatting, just like I wrote and you later 'discovered'. it works fine for all of us all the time 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost