Did you mean: 

How to Generate Drawing Lists from a large group of drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
286 Views, 3 Replies

How to Generate Drawing Lists from a large group of drawings

Hi All,

I am a Business Analyst and not an AutoCAD User, but I do work for a firm that uses AutoCAD heavily. A rather big challenge that is being felt here is the manual creation of drawing lists, based on the titles of each drawing, and if a scale changes, and the volume of drawings change, all the names need to be updated.

Does anyone know of a way to get AutoCAD to manage that? so a project can be created, and then the drawing names based on a standard, and it will number the drawings according to the standard, and then be able to produce an XML or Excel file of the drawing lists, and if a change is made, adjust the drawing numbers

for example

if We had 4 drawing for a certain project like so

Item 1 Drawing 1 of 4

Item 1 Drawing 2 of 4

Item 1 Drawing 3 of 4

Item 1 Drawing 4 of 4

but it now becomes 8 drawings the "of 4" part needs to become "of 8"

but the most important thing at the moment is the creation of a drawing list. as currently the lists are created manually, hand there are roughly 30,000 drawings, so even a 0,1% inaccuracy on that is a big issue.

would really like some guidance on this from those that know what can and cant be done

Thanks All.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
justshutup
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

I am a Business Analyst and not an AutoCAD User, but I do work for a firm that uses AutoCAD heavily. A rather big challenge that is being felt here is the manual creation of drawing lists, based on the titles of each drawing, and if a scale changes, and the volume of drawings change, all the names need to be updated.

Does anyone know of a way to get AutoCAD to manage that? so a project can be created, and then the drawing names based on a standard, and it will number the drawings according to the standard, and then be able to produce an XML or Excel file of the drawing lists, and if a change is made, adjust the drawing numbers

for example

if We had 4 drawing for a certain project like so

Item 1 Drawing 1 of 4

Item 1 Drawing 2 of 4

Item 1 Drawing 3 of 4

Item 1 Drawing 4 of 4

but it now becomes 8 drawings the "of 4" part needs to become "of 8"

but the most important thing at the moment is the creation of a drawing list. as currently the lists are created manually, hand there are roughly 30,000 drawings, so even a 0,1% inaccuracy on that is a big issue.

would really like some guidance on this from those that know what can and cant be done

Thanks All.

Sounds like this would be a good application of Autodesk Vault.

Message 3 of 4
jggerth

presuming that not all 30K sheets are in a single set, but that the scope if more in line with the 8 sheet example,.....  Sheet Set Manager would be the tool of choice to manage drawing sets.

Message 4 of 4
abubakars

I do not know whether the below link could be of some help to you to create drawing list in Excel

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/List-of-Drawings-generation/m-p/4963110#M49072

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost