Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I break each line at an intersection?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
thstrydom
28895 Views, 6 Replies

How do I break each line at an intersection?

Hello

In Regis you copuld use the "clean"command to break each line at an intersection. What command or function must I use in AutoCad 2013? I wish to break the lines at each intersection in order to import the lines into a GIS application. I am currently drawing in 2D.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Patchy
in reply to: thstrydom

Google search, there are quite a few autolisp that will break @ intersections.

Message 3 of 7
thstrydom
in reply to: Patchy

I am quite new to Autocad and do not knwo yet how to use the autolisp functionSmiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 7
Patchy

How to use autolisp:

Unzip the file attached, put it on your desktop, either drag the lisp file and drop it into your drawing area or use command: APPLOAD and load it.

You then have new commands:

myBreak, BreakAll, BreakwObjects, BreakObject, BreakWith, BreakTouching, BreakSelected

(Read the README file in th zip file)

Message 5 of 7
drjohn

@thstrydom wrote:

Hello

In Regis you copuld use the "clean"command to break each line at an intersection. What command or function must I use in AutoCad 2013? I wish to break the lines at each intersection in order to import the lines into a GIS application. I am currently drawing in 2D.

2 ways with OOTB AutoCAD.

1. On the ribbon: HOME > MODIFY > then hover over the icons until it reports BREAK AT POINT (select that) ... type F (read the prompts) .... select the line to break and break it at the INTERSECTION you want.

@2. Command line: BR; [select line to break]; type F; [select intersection to break at]; type in @;

FYI  semicolon = ENTER

That should do it.

Another helpful tip is to go into your CUI, find the break command and insert an asterisk ( * ) at the front of the command before the ^C^C.  That will repeat the command continuously but after you are done with the last break you will need to hit ESC to exit the command.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 6 of 7
snguyenecbid
in reply to: Patchy

@Patchywrote:

How to use autolisp:

Unzip the file attached, put it on your desktop, either drag the lisp file and drop it into your drawing area or use command: APPLOAD and load it.

You then have new commands:

myBreak, BreakAll, BreakwObjects, BreakObject, BreakWith, BreakTouching, BreakSelected

(Read the README file in th zip file)

It worked like a champ. Thank you.

Message 7 of 7
Michiel.Valcke

If you have to work a lot for GIS applications it might be profitable to invest in an AutoCAD Map license. There is a _MAPCLEAN function in map (among other features) that allow you to do exactly what you wanted to do without the use of any .lsp. 

There is also connectivity with .sdf or .shp files as well as the possibility to connect with .wms or .sql services (and others)

If it is a one time thing than lisp routines are the way to go.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost