17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
AmiSign
672 Views, 17 Replies

How Do I Set the Dimension and Layout of New Page

Hello Everyone,

Greetings!

How Do I Set the Dimension (A1 Size) and the Layout (LandScape) of New Page?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
jaggeepatel
in reply to: AmiSign

Hi,

if you are asking about layout. right click on layout tab. go to page setup manager in that click on modify tab and set the parameters you want. like page size, printer name, plot style etc etc.

-jacksy

Message 3 of 18
AmiSign
in reply to: jaggeepatel

Hi jacksy,

Thanks for your Reply. I have Right Clicked on Layout but could not find "Page Setup Manager" option. Please find the Attached "ScreenShot01.png" file for your Reference. If possible, can you please send me ScreenShot file or files for Better Understanding? I am a Newbie to AutoCad.

Message 4 of 18
AmiSign

Just checking what is "QUICK REPLY" and How does it Display...
Message 5 of 18
sthompson1021

Are you trying to plot from model space or are you trying to set up a new layout?

Message 6 of 18
AmiSign
in reply to: sthompson1021

Hi sthompson1021,

Thanks for your Reply. I want to Set-Up a New Layout or a New Page. Since jacksy told me to Right Click on a Layout, I opened Client's File to Right Click on a Layout.

Message 7 of 18
sthompson1021

Ok, enter the command LAYOUTWIZARD and that will give you a dialog box with promts to set up your layout. Post back if you get stuck.

Message 8 of 18
nrz13

You need to turn your layout tabs on first and then you can right-click on them.

Type OPTIONS (enter) > Display tab (second from left) > Layout elements (lower-left corner) > Check "Display Layout and Model tabs" > Hit OK at the bottom right.

Your Layout and Model tabs should now be showing towards the bottom left of your screen and now you can right-click them.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 9 of 18
jaggeepatel

Hi Ami,

find attached screen shot for your information. also as you got solution use layoutwizard but i am always using page set up manager as its easy to understand. also if you are not getting page setup manager by right clicking than you can use command PAGESETUP.

-jacksy

Message 10 of 18
AmiSign

Hi sthompson1021,

Thanks for your Reply. I am not able to find any "Search" field as such to enter "LAYOUTWIZARD" Command. Can you please take-up a ScreenShot to Show Me where to enter "LAYOUTWIZARD" Command?

Message 11 of 18
AmiSign
in reply to: nrz13

Hi nrz13,

Thanks for your Reply. So, where should I type "OPTIONS"? I am not able to Find any Search Bar as such.

Message 12 of 18
nrz13

You just have to start typing when you're in the program -- no need to type it into a box.  FYI, it will show up in your command line (bottom center), but you don't actually need to click into it to start typing.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 13 of 18
AmiSign

Hi jacksy,

Thanks for your Reply. There is No ScreenShot of Attachment file. Perhaps you would have forgot to Attach that ScreenShot file. Can you please Re-Send that ScreenShot file?

Message 14 of 18
sthompson1021

Have you ever worked with paperspace layouts before?

Message 15 of 18
steve216586

Sthompson - "AutoCAD" would have been a more appropriate question.

OP - Please watch this 7 minute tutorial on paper space tab setup. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc17nsQ-Iys.

And this 2 minute tutorial on page set up manager settings. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc17nsQ-Iys.

The nine minutes will save you days of asking questions. Good luck and return if you need further help.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 16 of 18
AmiSign
in reply to: nrz13

Hi nrz13,

Thanks for your Reply. Yup! I Found it. Thanks a Lot!

* I just started Typing "OPTIONS" (after getting into AutoCad) and pressed Enter without trying to Find any Search Bar or TextBox
* It Showed-Up in Command Line (bottom center)
* In the Pop-Up Window I clicked Display Tab (second from left) > Layout Elements (lower-left corner) > Checked "Display Layout and Model tabs" > and then Clicked OK at the Bottom Right.

The Layout and Model tabs is Showing towards the Bottom Left of My Screen and Yup! I Right Clicked on them.

Thank you.

Message 17 of 18
AmiSign

Hi sthompson1021,

Thanks for your Reply. Nope. I have Never worked with PaperSpace Layouts before. I am a Newbie to AutoCad.

Message 18 of 18
AmiSign
in reply to: steve216586

Hi steve216586,

Thanks for your Reply. I could not Understand anything from 7 Minute's Link. It was Hard to Understand. I could not Follow. By the way, the 7 Minute and 2 Minute Tutorial Links are Same. Please Scroll back to your Reply and Check.

Thanks for your Good Luck wishes. Yup! I will Return for further Help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost