Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with lisp to Automatically break multiple lines/poly lines

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bgraverholt
776 Views, 3 Replies

Help with lisp to Automatically break multiple lines/poly lines

I am looking for some help on making a lisp to break multiple intersecting lines that I select vertically and if it is posible if the breaks overlap to break the line horizontaly instead. Hopefully somone has a solution. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mikeA01
in reply to: bgraverholt

I do a lot of electrical drawings and I draw lines that intersect each other then come back later and "break" those intersections. I put a arc at the intersections and break the vertical lines. I edited acad2015.lsp (using wordpad) and added the following:

)
(defun C:JMP ()
     (setq pt(getpoint "nPT: "))
     (COMMAND "ARC" "C" pt "@0,-.0625" "@0,.0625")
     (COMMAND "TRIM" "LAST" "" "CROSSING" "@.03125,-.0468" "@-.03125,.03125" "")
)

I would imagine that you could change this to get what you want (and make two of them . . . one for vertical & one for horizontal.

To run the one that I created I open the drawing with AutoCAD and type JMP at the command prompt. AutoCAD will prompt for the intersection of the lines, I select an intersection and the arc is drawn and the line between the arc is trimmed out. note that I need to be zoomed in fairly close for this to work properly for some reason.

Message 3 of 4
bgraverholt
in reply to: mikeA01

That would work but the only problem is I wouldn't want the arc. Not sure how I would accomplish that. 

Message 4 of 4
HullDrafter
in reply to: bgraverholt

I would suggest moving your request over to the customization folder, the LISP programmers there will be able to answer your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost