Did you mean: 

Help With Beginner CAD Shape

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
252 Views, 2 Replies

Help With Beginner CAD Shape

I'm in an intro CAD class (using AutoCAD 2013 Educational Version), and we were given the PDF attached, and are expected to recreate it. I don't know if we've done anything remotely similar to this, but I couldn't even figure out where to begin. If somebody could point me in the right direction, like how to just create one of the ellipse/oval looking shapes properly, I think I could figure out the rest. I tried using ellipse, arc, and somehow combining circles, but I don't see how to make the radius constant throughout the ellipse, or stretch the circle to the proper distance. Thanks in advance!

Erik

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
p_mcknight
in reply to: Anonymous

Start by making the circles in the positions you want, then connect them with lines using the quadrant osnap, and finally trim the parts of the circles and lines that you dont want.  When doing the lines do "L" <enter> "qua" <enter> pick the quadrant on the first circle, then qua enter, next point and so on.  When you do the trim command type in tr and hit enter twice.  This will let you just start selecting segments to remove.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: p_mcknight

Thank you for the tip. We haven't discussed quadrants yet, but I had no trouble following what you said. Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost