Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems with having multiple drawing open at one time.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ref01
465 Views, 7 Replies

Having problems with having multiple drawing open at one time.

The problem is I am losing the ability to type commands in my current drawing, but when I switch to the other drawing I notice the commands I typed where in that drawings command line. Which is not good when you are undoing something and it undoes something in the other drawing. When I switch back to the current drawing I get command line function back for a few minutes or so. I hope this clear enuff.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
drjohn
in reply to: ref01

Shot in the dark:

Are both DWGs full screen or do you run them in a "window"  ... that is to say, not full screen.  If not, focus may be shifted to the second drawing by an innocuous and unnoticed click. Make sure by watching to see what the focus is.

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 8
ref01
in reply to: drjohn

They are both full screen.
Message 4 of 8
ref01

Well it seems that I may have resolved the issue. I just turned of my level of detail. This seems to have fixed it. Any thoughts?
Message 5 of 8
ref01
in reply to: drjohn

Well it seems that I may have resolved the issue. I just turned off my level of detail. This seems to have fixed it. Any thoughts?

Message 6 of 8
corsini

ref01, what do you mean by " turned of my level of detail". I have the same issue and cannot resolve the issue. I have to close all of the drawings except the one I wish to modify.

Message 7 of 8
ref01
in reply to: corsini

In the View tab. Go to the Views drop down and click on Level Of Detail. Turn it off. I hope this helps.

Message 8 of 8
corsini

Thanks, I found the AutoCAD equivilant command  LEVELOFDETAILOFF. Hopefully this will do the trick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost