Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Auto Layer Translate LISP

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
brettgr
1223 Views, 8 Replies

HELP! Auto Layer Translate LISP

I am trying to figure out if there is a LISP or autocad add-on to start a library of architectural layers to be translated to our layers. So all I would need to do is hit a toolbar button and the LISP/Program would take a layer from archetects prints that I already added to a database that already knows what layer to change that layer to and so if there are different layers in the CAD drawing I can add them to the database so it will be saved for future layer translations. So once we get the database started I am hoping after awhile I wouldn't have to add any layers since they are already in the database to change the layers too. I hope this had made sense and that someone could help me.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Patchy
in reply to: brettgr

Message 3 of 9
massimo.corradi

There is the good old LAYTRANS command, it might be what you are looking for. You can save your "translation" into a .dwg for translations to follow.

Message 4 of 9
Patchy
in reply to: massimo.corradi

In his previous post he said he knew about that command, so he should ask in the Cust. Group.

Message 5 of 9
brettgr
in reply to: massimo.corradi

Yeah that is what I use now but between different architect prints the layers change with each drawing. So I was hoping there was a way to keep adding layers that I want to change to our layers so I wont have to keep going through the old LAYTRANS. Unless that is how LAYTRANS works. and I haven't been doing it correctly to keep adding more and more layers I want to add to the translation for future drawings.
Message 6 of 9
brettgr
in reply to: Patchy

Ok I will post there to see if anyone has any suggestions or knows of anything.
Message 7 of 9
Patchy

How about rename the layers? there are dozens of autolisp to do that.

Message 8 of 9
brettgr
in reply to: Patchy

Will auto rename also change the color? Also what if multiple architect layers need to be under floorplan layer will the auto rename add the multiple layers under the same layer name? If it combines the multiple layers that I need to change to the designated layer that could work, if it wont change the color I can always change that later.

Message 9 of 9
Patchy

Will auto rename also change the color?

Yes, it can be done if in the lisp you assign the color.

Go here and take a look:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?52047-LISP-Routine-to-rename-layers-to-different-names

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost