Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghosting Parts!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
585 Views, 5 Replies

Ghosting Parts!

This keeps happening, I've posted here before to no avail... My drawings keep getting jacked up! The 2D wireframe doesn't match the 3D shaded views. Sometimes a part will be in the wrong place while working in wireframe, so I'll move it into the right place. Then, when I go conceptual, shaded, etc. the part will be moved as if it was right before I moved it, i.e. off the same amount I moved it, but in the the oppsite direction. Happens all the time and it is perfectly fine when I save it, the next time I open it, which was about 10mins later this time, parts are not matching and ghosted. It is not my graphics card, it happens to the file on every computer after it's jacked up. Hopefully this time someone can help me figure this out...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

What version and what service pack do you have (and if a vertical product ... which one)?

What OS, what graphics card, how much memory do you have?

Few ideas to try (as I don't see any ghosting

Have you tried to disable the AutoCAD hardware acceleration (command _3DCONFIG ==> manual tune)

Sometimes when a 3D-object makes problems it's a help to create a new drawing and copy&paste the geometry into the new drawing. It's worth to try that.

>> It is not my graphics card

What makes you sure about that?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
nestly2

Unfortunately, I don't believe you are likely to find a solution here in the forums, but I'll bet you a dollar the problem is related to "Drawing Views".  I would keep rattling Autodesk Support's cage for a "FIX" rather than a procedure that requires redoing the work.  Keep sending them the jacked drawings.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-DWG-Format/Floating-Moving-Parts/m-p/4300902#M23460

Perhaps go "old-school" for a while and use regular Viewports, and/or FLATSHOT to create your documentation?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The ghosting is that the wireframe forks are sticking off the tube about a half inch, but they look different (still wrong) in the shaded views. Look at the paper space. The 2D views do not match the isometric. I have Win 7, Quadro 2000D, 16Gb, SSDs, Xeon processor, etc... I have had 2012, 2013, 2013 Service Pack 1, 2013 Service Pack 1.1 (the newest one). Always does it... something is screwy. I think it could be the crap network we have corrupting the files when they are saved to the network drive. It is not my graphics card because I have had different cards in this machine first of all, but secondly the files themselves are messed up. The graphics card wouldn't make the file ghost on every computer and "Explode then Undo" wouldn't work. Besides, the "It's your graphics card" is what every single tech will tell you when nothing else works... Autodesk and our reseller/support company have each told me it's my card multiple times.

Message 5 of 6
zalant

Are you using the same files in all of this?

Perhaps it's some minor corruption that has crept into your templates over the years.  

Can you create a brand new drawing, from a shipping/default/blank AutoCAD template, and recreate the problem (without copying in content/objects from existing drawings)? 

If you can, please let us know what exact steps you're following, and we'll attempt to reproduce it here, in house.

Zac Travis
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I have had luck with slicing the solid object in-between the ghost grips and the solid part. I've just had the same issue with a 2D part. I had to delete the offending geometry and redraw! Ugh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost