Funny looking Layer states dropdown in Architecture

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
gunnar_larsson
1008 Views, 6 Replies

Funny looking Layer states dropdown in Architecture

Hi all.

I have a rather annoying problem with the dropdown list of my layer states. The layer state names are displayed in truncated "Bricks", two and two, (please see pic) not by a list (pic 2). This makes it very hard to read and must be solved. Hope some one can help quickly....

dropdown1.jpg                                                  dropdown2.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Your pictures are not attached.. Please attach 😃

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 7
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Go to your CUI command (Manage Tab > User Interface) > In the top left box > Exand Ribbon > Panel > Home-Layers > Row 2 > Select Ribbon Combo Box - Layer State > On the Right hand side select Sort Alphabetically. 

This will change the layer State drop down from bricks to a list view.

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 4 of 7

Thanks JoAnn.

The mystery thickens 🙂

This morning, BEFORE I even did anything to follow Your Instructions, the dropdown list suddenly looked OK, not bricked but indeed a list in alfabetical order.

I am a bit puzzled.

I found the setting in CUi, not exactly like Your´s, but anyway You showed where to look. Please see pic below:

dropdown3.jpg

I thought the button to sort alfabetically only affected the dialog box and not the dropdown list. By changing it I cannot reproduce the "Fault".

Are You sure this is the one changing the list behaviour?

What does the  "NaN" mean in width setting? 

Message 5 of 7

You forgot to attach the image 😃

Well thats what happend on mine, the NaN is the actual length of the drop down box. If that makes sence. Please see pic below: 

Jo - Ann
Message 6 of 7

Thanks JoAnn.

I did´n forget to attach the pic, I embedded it in my posting(s) :-). That way it is visible directly in the forum, no need to click an extra link.

It seems that changing the width settings chnages some things in the way the dropdown behaves. Thanks for showing the way.

Message 7 of 7

Glad I was able to help 😃

Jo - Ann

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost