Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fonts for X-Ref not working *URGENT*

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
davem
424 Views, 12 Replies

Fonts for X-Ref not working *URGENT*

Hello. I am x-referencing the architects titleblock and the fonts are not showing up as they should be in my file. Can anybody help ASAP!?! Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Patchy
in reply to: davem

Is it in paperspace?

Message 3 of 13
davem
in reply to: Patchy

the titleblock is x-referenced into paperspace, correct.

Message 4 of 13
Patchy

If the architects titleblock is in PS you can't see it when XREFed into your drawing, it's like that for a long time.

Message 5 of 13
davem

I can see the titleblock just fine in PS. I am attaching a snipit of their drawings titleblock text and mine for you to see wha tI am talking about.

Message 6 of 13
jggerth1

It looks as though whatever font the archie is using is NOT installed or available on your system.  Cad is defaulting to whatever font fle is specified in the FONTALT variable.

If you want yours to look like theirs, they will need to supply you with the required font files.  Note that it may not be legal for them to do so -- fonts are generally copyrighted software and not freely distributable.

Message 7 of 13
davem
in reply to: jggerth1

They did in fact send over some of their standards fonts that they use. It included some .ttf fonts and some .shx fonts. I installed the .ttf fonts and copied the .shx fonts into my autocad folder and restarted Autocad, but still no change.

Message 8 of 13
tq1918

Annotation visibility in paper space. Bottom right hand corner looks like the old asteroid spaceship with a light bulb.  

Message 9 of 13
davem
in reply to: tq1918

what about the annotation visibility? Can you be more specific? Thanks.

Message 10 of 13
tq1918

Click that button.  May not be it.  It sometimes reveals hidden text.  I’ve run into something similar a few times.  

Message 11 of 13
davem
in reply to: tq1918

Yeah that wasnt it. Thanks tho.

Message 12 of 13
jggerth1

Set FONTALT to GOTHICG.shx, close, and then reopen the drawing.

what happens?

Message 13 of 13
3wood

Ask them send you the drawing with ETRANSMIT command WITH A SETTING TO ALLOW ALL FONTS INCLUDED. Extract all files in the folder and open the dwg file from there.

If the fonts are shown correctly, then there will be some new fonts you need copy from the folder, or check the acad.fmp file in that folder see any font substitution happened.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost