Did you mean: 

File Tabs are Lost

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
sbrusco
517 Views, 8 Replies

File Tabs are Lost

Hi All,

When we first boot AutoCAD, the File Tabs seem to work and will show a tab for each open drawing. However, at some point in the day, the number of tabs reduces to 1 even though there are still 3 or 4 drawings open. In fact, if we hover over the AutoCAD icon in the task bar, it expands to show us all the drawings.

Any hint to what is happening?

TIA,

Sal

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
braudpat
in reply to: sbrusco

Hello from France

I am not sure to well understand your problem !?

So a few ideas ...

- Drawing tabs (File Tabs) are controlled by entering  _FILETAB  and  FILETABCLOSE  at the command line

- Of course SDI = 0

- And what is the value for TASKBAR on your ACAD ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
sbrusco
in reply to: braudpat

Hi Pat,

Hello in France from the US.

We have drawing tabs active so turning them on/off is not the problem, and we want them on. But they do not reflect the current open drawings but instead, show only one drawing and not the other 2 or 3.

And of course, our SDI is set to 0. (Does any one still use SDI??)

Thanks for your response.

Sal

Message 4 of 9
braudpat

Hello

OK it's very strange !

And you have this problem on 1 PC or on many PCs ?

Which PC ?

Which Windows ?

I hope it's not Windows 8.1 !?

Have you isntalled the SP 1 on your ACAD 2014 ?

Bye, Pat

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
sbrusco

Hi Pat,

This problem is not always a problem. That is to say that when he boots up, the drawings tabs show all the open drawings. Its just that at some point in the day, only one tab starts to show even though there are several drawings open.

What PC? - Intel Xeon 2.27GHz 2.26 GHz 64bit Processor with 12.0 GB RAM

And yes, AutoCAD is up to date with SP1

Thanks for your interest in helping me.

Sal

Message 6 of 9
braudpat

Hello

Always strange !?

- Have you tried to work a little bit with Harware acceleration disabled ?

Could be a problem related to the graphic card driver !? - I don't think so but ...

- Or it could be a very subtil ACAD 2014 bug !?

Bye, Pat

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
sbrusco

Hi,

I'll try this but I'm now convinced that it is a driver problem. I will install the latest driver today and confirm a good install and see what happens. I'll let you know if this is the fix.

Sal

Message 8 of 9
Victoria.Studley

Hi Sal,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I see you've been trying a few suggestions with Pat here.

How did the graphics driver test go?

Have you checked to see if the card is certified, and the driver as well? (You can check via this link here.)

As a test, if you use the command FILETABCLOSE and then restore them with the FILETAB command, does it restore all of the tabs, or is only the one still showing?

Additionally, some others things to look into:

Do you have any third party applications, add-ons, or plugins installed?

Have you customized the program at all, or migrated any settings from a previous version of AutoCAD?

Which antivirus and/or security programs do you have installed? (These can sometimes interfere, in which case you may have to make exceptions for Autodesk programs and processes.)

Here is an article outlining some Windows 7 optimization tips that you might look into as well.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 9 of 9
sbrusco
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Good day Ms Studley,

Thanks for your attention to this issue.

We have the NVIDIA Quadro FX 580; certified though not on the recommended list.

We do have one very large 3rd party app but it has not been a problem anywhere else, in fact, 15 other computers setup with the exact same hardware and software under the same production work are not experiencing this problem. I will, however, check with the developers to see if "FILETAB" appears anywhere in their code. Is there any other way 3rd party programs can affect this display?

Though we did not type in the commands, we did toggle the filetabs off/on/off using the ribbon "View>User Interface>File Tabs" to no avail.

I have customized/added our enterprise Tool Palettes and a panel on the enterprise ribbon. Nothing major.

We employ the eTrust ITM; also not a problem in the past.

I will read the article you linked and see if anything in there helps.

Sal

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost