Did you mean: 

File History doesn't update

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
anthony_turner
498 Views, 8 Replies

File History doesn't update

hi.

My drawing file history isn't updating. There are some drawings there that I opened not long after installation but it won't list drawings I've recently worked on. Its not exactly life or death but is a little annoying. can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
wynand
in reply to: anthony_turner

Hi there

I have the same issue on one of our station. Resetting and reloading Acad 2014 did not help. In the end a new user profile was created. This worked for about 2 months before the issue resurfaced.

It would be great to know what the cause of it is.

According to our Vendor it’s the User profile that’s getting corrupted. If this is true, then why does MS Office, Adobe and other programs still have their history list…Smiley Frustrated?

Message 3 of 9
pendean

AutoCAD version?
Windows version?
How do you open a DWG file normally?
Message 4 of 9
hgasty1001

Hi,

What are your settings for files?:

files.png

Gaston Nunez

Message 5 of 9

Hi,

after closing my programs and clicking shutdown, windows was telling me that a program was stopping the shutdown process. it gave me the option of cancelling, waiting or force close. I always hit force close as I'd already shutdown my programs. However, one day I busy elesewhere so didn't click to force close and the next day, when I opened CAD, my recent drawings were there. after thinking what I did different I came to the conclusion that it was the force shutdown so I left it to clsoe itself again when I went to leave work. Lo & behold my files were there again. 

My question had already got picked up by the AD enterprise support team and when I put my findings to my contact he agreed with me that although I'd seemingly shut CAD down, there was still part of the process running in the background which need to finish.

The only strange thing is, when I used the menubar to open recent drawings they were there. Its only since I turned menubar off and started using the big red A that it happened.

Hey-ho, at least its solved now.

Thanks to all who got in touch regarding this matter.

Message 6 of 9

Hi

Oh ok, On my PC the list anthony.turner is referring to is fine. It's listing the history a is set in properties menu gasty1001 explained. The one I have an issue with is in the Select File window. When you select the History icon it only displays the last 2 or 3 days information and other times nothing. While other PC's in the office show data from the past 2 or 3 months.

How is this list maintained?

Capture-01.JPG

Message 7 of 9
wynand
in reply to: wynand

Hi there

Just to notify how my issue was solved.

It seems that the user has been, since he got his new profile 2 months ago, opening drawings via Windows Explorer. The past few days files were opened via Autocad, and that’s the ones that did appear in the history list.

Thus, using files to launch Autocad or opening from outside Autocad environment did not register/update the history list in this case.

Thanks for all the replays.

Wynand

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 9

Seems as though there can be a number of reasons why it sometimes doesn't save the recent drawings. I did wonder if it was because I was mainly open drawings through Windows Explorer or through our SQL Database so I tried just opening drawings through CAD but I got the same result.

Message 9 of 9

update.

Just noticed that the recent drawings list is only displaying up to 7 drawings open despite the fact I have it set to display 9.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost