AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Contributor
Matt_Wisehant
Message 1 of 6 (1,784 Views)

Fatal error: Access violation when inserting blocks from DesignCenter.

1784 Views, 5 Replies
05-01-2012 12:05 PM

Inserting blocks from Design Center into model space causes the fatal error: access violation message to pop up.

This never happened in 2012, and I used it from day one.

Please, if anyone with connections happens to be reading this, I would beg you to please forward this issue to someone at Autodesk who can tell the engineers a patch is needed.

My livelihood as a 2D drafting student depends on being able to use the blocks from DesignCenter, and now all of a sudden (I've been using 2013 since the day it released with no problems at all until about a week ago) it crashes every time I try to insert a block, regardless of which method I choose to insert with (i.e. right click insert or dragging into the model space window). 

I'm on an Alienware M17x R3 running Windows 7 Home Premium with a Quad-core intel i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA GTX 560M 1.5GB graphics chip. 

I've tried system restore, program repair, clean uninstalls, and none of it fixes the problem. It seems that once the levee broke, so to speak, the bug is there to stay. Or perhaps more accurately, it was there the entire time and it was only a matter of time before it surfaced.

In either case, I would love, after having been a guinea pig, to see a patch issued for this if possible. Not being able to use the sample dynamic blocks is hell. Barring a patch sometime soon, I'm strongly leaning towards going back to 2012, which worked like a charm.

Thank you in advance to all Autodesk employees and fellow users.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 6 (1,761 Views)

Re: Fatal error: Access violation when inserting blocks from DesignCenter.

05-01-2012 04:17 PM in reply to: Matt_Wisehant

FWIW, this started for another user in the LT forum using 2013, both are reporting it started this last week but not before.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Employee
rpothine
Message 3 of 6 (1,749 Views)

05-01-2012 09:59 PM in reply to: Matt_Wisehant

Is your commandline closed?

Contributor
Matt_Wisehant
Message 4 of 6 (1,729 Views)

05-02-2012 06:47 AM in reply to: rpothine

Whether or not the command line is open does not affect the crashing. Believe me, I've run through that trial and error.

I'm left dumbfounded. The only workaround I have is to pull the dynamic block group into a drawing through the INSERT command and then explode the group and use whichever block from the group I need.

It works, but it is supremely inconvenient to say the least.

jordan.l.barr
Message 5 of 6 (1,432 Views)

07-19-2012 08:34 AM in reply to: Matt_Wisehant

Had come across identical problem using AutoCAD LT 2013. The mentioned "solution" of making sure my command line was open worked.

Distinguished Contributor
taneum
Message 6 of 6 (1,353 Views)

08-03-2012 09:12 AM in reply to: jordan.l.barr

I just came accross this problem in Civil 3D 2013 and since my command line was closed it was crashing every single time.  Turning it back on resolved the issue for me.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.