Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Errors in 2014 - caused by 2008???

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sean.keohane
181 Views, 4 Replies

Fatal Errors in 2014 - caused by 2008???

Hi,

The company i work for has upgraded to AC2014 on 3 machines. The remaining stations with autocad are running AC2008 (occasional users).

I have found or at least I believe it is the cause, when a new drawing is created with 2014 and saved back for 2008 to open and then that file is opened with 2008 and saved. This will cause an error message reporting hundreds/thousands of errors when reopened in 2014. A recovery finds/fixes 0 errors. I can't get rid of the error report, unless I copy and paste the contents into a fresh template an resave. Opening more than 1 of these drawings will cause a fatal error. I have the SP for 2014.

The drawings have no issues when opened with 2008.

Has anyone a similar experience? If so, any fix?

regards

Sean

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: sean.keohane

Do you all "save file fidenlity' turned on in OPTIONS?
have you tested further by using -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command (there is a dash in the name) from 2014 to 2007 to see if the problem goes away when the file is saved and returned to 2014?
Message 3 of 5
sean.keohane
in reply to: pendean

Hello Dean,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, our machines "savefidelity" are set to 1. I'll test turning this off.

I haven't tried the export option. I'll test this today and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

Regards

Sean

Message 4 of 5
sean.keohane
in reply to: pendean

Dean,

No luck so far, although turning off the "savefidelity" in 2008 and saving caused AC2014 to actually find/fix errors when recovered (not all errors though).  I'm still copying/pasting to new template to work around it.

Regards

Sean

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: sean.keohane

FWIW We turn off SAVEFIDELITY in all of our versions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost