FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0020 Exception at 5ac43c12h

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
James91
37081 Views, 10 Replies

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0020 Exception at 5ac43c12h

Hey guys,

I recently upgraded to windows 8.1 over the weekend. I am currently on AutoCAD 2013 and now when I open AutoCAD I get the error "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0020 Exception at 5ac43c12h". I have done all the help Autodesk provided with me when I sent the report but still won't open. 

Can someone please help me with this problem?? This is very serious for me as I am a draftsman.

Many thanks,

James

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
maxim_k
in reply to: James91

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi James,

Despite the fact that the Microsoft claimed that AC 2013 and Windows 8.1 are compatible:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Name=Autodesk...

, in fact it is not so:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/10/windows-81-support-please-upgrade-cautiously.html

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 11
James91
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks for you info.

I accidently came across how to fix the problem. 

I went into device manager and uninstalled both my graphic card drivers. 

I then restarted my computer so the drivers got reinstalled. 

Now AutoCAD runs beautifully. 

Hope this helps someone. 

Message 4 of 11
admin

Да, на windows 8.1 данная проблема возникала в ноутбуке с доп. картой от AMD. ATI catalist control не правильно отрабатывает переключение графики. Еще возможен вариант принудительного отключения одной из карт в диспечере устройств. Но вариант с удалением обоих драйверов и автоматической установки после перезагрузки системы предпочтительнее.

Message 5 of 11

@James91 wrote:

Hey guys,

I recently upgraded to windows 8.1 over the weekend. I am currently on AutoCAD 2013 and now when I open AutoCAD I get the error "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0020 Exception at 5ac43c12h". I have done all the help Autodesk provided with me when I sent the report but still won't open. 

Can someone please help me with this problem?? This is very serious for me as I am a draftsman.

Many thanks,

James

Hey,
I have a dell 15r 5520 running Windows 8.1 and had the same problem ... what really fixed the problem is when installing the latest 
fully integrated drivers for ur VGA card !!

For Example,I used to install a software driver from dell Downloads that actually identified my 7640M ATI VGA but not fully supporting it (Catalyst software wont run).
I went to amd.com and had some steps and downloaded the last beta driver for my card and surprisingly AutoCad worked fine :))
the main problem for that issue is the full support and driver integration to the graphics card u have.
Hope that helps 🙂

Message 6 of 11
sujit.bhandari

I am also getting the same message again and again! I searched on web and was suggested that may be a result of some crash .dll file or so in the installer package ( which package works just fine in my desktop). Then I did a full uninstall and run a new install from the autodesk site. That also didn't work and continue getting the same message. I have got a new Dell Inspirion 15 and upgraded to windows 8.1 and AutoCad won't run on it! I am losing all my mind for the whole last month. I just ran a system restore  restore point and am taking your suggestions. Thanks and praying that it works!

Message 7 of 11
sgrvrm90

hey,.. i've windows 7, 1gb graphics card, core i3..  i recently installed autodesk autocad14 but it shows "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation reading 0x0020 exception at dad41dc7h"... and when i see error reports then it shows me these following details shown in an image below: 

Please.. solve this problem..  thanks a ton..

Message 8 of 11

Hi

I m Getting Errors in Autocad Mechanical 2014.

The errors are

1) Unhandled Access Voilation Reading 0*0020 Expectation at d0d286d0h.
2) The Drawing you selected does not contain any standerds.Select another drawing with a standerd to Migrate.

Please give the solution for the regarding errors.

Regards,
P.Bhargav

Message 9 of 11
hcl60

Today I am facing "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0040 Exception at e062f0dfh" this Error while launching the AutoCAD Application, trying to open more than 3 times and all time facing these problems. How can i resolved it???

If anyone found this error please help me, i waiting for a gentle responnse....

Message 10 of 11
hcl60
in reply to: hcl60

Message 11 of 11
jenielenmoreti

Como você fez? Como você fez para desinstalar os drivers? Não prejudica o computador em nada?
Estou com um erro parecido:

---------------------------
Erro ao cancelar AutoCAD

ERRO FATAL: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0020 Exception at 82B29A4Ah

OK

@James91 wrote:

Thanks for you info.

I accidently came across how to fix the problem. 

I went into device manager and uninstalled both my graphic card drivers. 

I then restarted my computer so the drivers got reinstalled. 

Now AutoCAD runs beautifully. 

Hope this helps someone. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost