Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 6081678dh

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
641 Views, 8 Replies

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 6081678dh

We have three people running AutoCAD 2013 in our office and two on 2009.  Recently one of the computers experienced this error (with different exception numbers) when trying to open a specific file. We assumed the file was corrupt when the other people also on 2013 could not open the file without getting a similar error.  So we went to the backups of the file and no matter how far back in time we went, every version of the file would not open.

By chance one guy tried to open in 2009 and it worked! So he purged, audited and saved as a different file. But none of the people on 2013 could even open that file.  He tried to WBLOCK the stuff in the file and create a new file. Still we could not open the files in 2013. 

By this point the problem seemed to have spread to other files in that project folder. Seemingly random files are now not able to open. It could be that one of the files is corrupt and is xrefd into other files.

I tried resetting the settings in autocad, it didn't work. So I tried reinstalling AutoCAD and that didn't work. I tried running as an adminstrator account and reinstalling autocad and that didn't work.

At this point I am at a loss as to what to do.  I am losing files on this fairly large project that will take weeks to redraw.  

Any ideas?  I have seen other people post about Fatal Errors relating to opening AutoCAD. That doesn't seem to be my issue. It seems to be isolated to specifically the one project folder and random files within it. We can open and work on files in other projects with no problems (knock on wood).  

Could it be that we are using different versions of CAD and saving to different versions? I have now made it so that we are all saving to AutoCAD 2007 but I don't think that this is the issue.

Most Fatal Error posts on these forums tend to have responses pointing to this or some variation of it: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Fatal-E...

That doesn't really apply to me as I can open AutoCAD and files in any other project folder. The Issue seems to be of a corrupt file that seems to be able to corrupt other files (possibly by being xrefd into other files....)

So if anyone has any ideas that would fantastic!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ampster401
in reply to: Anonymous

we skipped 2013 so I'm not aware of what any SP's might fix, but I'm curious if your 2013 installs are up to date with the latest SP's and any possible hotfixes that might solve this problem?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ampster401

Service Pack #2 is installed (at least on one of the offending computers). I shall try installing it on the others.

I am not aware of any hotfixes for 2013. Where would I look for those?

Message 4 of 9
ampster401

the changes that were made to the Support area have made it difficult to dig down directly into any hotfixes - more than likely I just haven't figured out the new setup enough and that option is there somewhere!

But start here;

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads#?ADSKContentGroup-local=Downloads&ADSKProduc...

If that link doesn't take you directly to support files for 2013, there is a link to the left titled "2013" that will take you there.  Then browse thru all the posts in that area and there may be one specifically for this issue.

Hotfixes and SP's are almost the same thing.   SP's are usually all hotfixes released up to the point of time an SP is made available.  SP1 for example should include all hotfixes provided up to the time SP1 is released.  Then a few more hotfixes become available and at some point in time Adesk will roll all hotfixes released after SP1 into SP2.  Even though you may have the latest SP installed, there could be a few hotfixes that came out after the latest.

Short story is to not just depend on SP's 100% but to read up on any hotfixes released after the last SP update, sometimes the fix you need will be in one of those last hotfixes released for any particular version.

Hope the long reply helps.

Message 5 of 9
jggerth

as a test, open one of the drawings in 2009, and DXFOut.  The open the DXF.  What happens?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Try this:

Copy all the files to the hard drive of one of the 2013 the computers (not E-Transmit)

Remove the cat 5/6 cable connecting the computer to the server or otherwise take the computer offline 

Open the dwgs one at a time. 

The xref's will be unreferenced. If the problem resides in an xref then it won’t open the xref.  

It is probably a scaled pdf on the server somewhere.  

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

DXFOut and opening the DXF file did not work. Got the same message and ACAD crashed.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I managed to get one file to work by deleting all the xrefs on the 2009 file and saving. Managed to open it in the 2013 CAD. Not sure why that didn't work when I WBLOCKed the file.....maybe i grabbed something else....

I will try separating the files and opening them off the network and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the advice.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Some of the files allow me to run a RECOVER command but then I am left with the most basic of information and it deletes all the blocks from the plans and strips all the layers.

I am now upgraded to AutoCAD 2015 in the hopes that this would fix it but it has not seemed to do anything.

I tried copying the files onto my computer and removing them from all the other xrefs. It did not help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost