Did you mean: 

Express Tools

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2509 Views, 8 Replies

Express Tools

Hello!

I use AutoCAD Electrical 2015 Software. The problem that I'm having is that Express Tools don't seem to be working. On my Command Ribbon, the Express Tools tab appears at the far right. If I click on the tab, all the commands appear. However, if i select any command under this tab it does not work. for example, when i select the Move/Copy/Rotate Command, I get this message:

Command: _.MOCORO Unknown command "MOCORO". Press F1 for help. 

I've tried Loading and Unloading Express Tools via the command "EXPRESSTOOLS", but I've still had no success. Is there any way i can use my CUI to load express tools properly and use the commands? What is the problem here? What is the solution?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like ET is not actually installed on your PC or for your AutoCAD profile: try this http://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/load-express-tools-for-2013/
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Remember that ExpressTools is Automatically included in AutoCAD 2015 Software. If I Hadn't installed it, the Tab wouldn't appear in my ribbon.

Message 4 of 9
pendean

true, but if AutoCAD says it's an unknown command then it's not there, agreed?
MOCORO works fine here in plain AutoCAD 2015, where you are posting and asking.
Message 5 of 9
HullDrafter

I had the same problem with AutoCAD 2015 Electrical, and it was answered back in May.

My post was:

A little assitance if you please with expresstools

My answers:

From p_mckight:

If you have administrative privileges on you computer it is easy enough to modify the AutoCAD installation to include express tools.  If you uninstall/change AutoCAD you can repair the install and select it to include express tools.  This should install the folders necessary.  In my experience, if you didn't do it when the install was first done then you will still have to do the cuiload and manually add the support paths but you should get what you need.  I know I screwed around with the express tools quite a bit in the past until I figured out where everything was.  Prior to that, you are right, it was very frustrating anytime someone in the office would have issues with express tools.

my follow through:

with the above paragraph and a youtube video (that I can't post the link to, hint: find my original post, the video is listed there) and AutoCAD Help, I have all of my Expresstools.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: HullDrafter

I'm having a similar issue with Express Tools. Howver, my command line gets stuck telling me to specify second point for breakline. No matter what I do, it won't let me select a point. I only began having this issue after upgrading from 2014 to 2015.

Message 7 of 9
pendean

You probably 'migrated" from 2014 as well, right? It messed up your ET installation.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

what's the most simplistic way to fix the problem?

Message 9 of 9
BeKirra

@Anonymous wrote:

Remember that ExpressTools is Automatically included in AutoCAD 2015 Software. If I Hadn't installed it, the Tab wouldn't appear in my ribbon.

You're right but it doesn't mean that ET will be installed with AutoCAD "automatically".

In your case the ET may be corrupt.

My suggestion is that

1) uninstall your ET and remove the ET folder completely in the AutoCAD directory in your hard drive.

2) reinstall ET.

HTH

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost