Express Tools Text Mask Hides the Text

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sbrusco
7068 Views, 4 Replies

Express Tools Text Mask Hides the Text

Hi All,

On one computer, when we use ET>Text Mask, the result is that the mask hides the text. I can select the text/mask but they seem to be in the wrong draw order. I used the TextToFront command and this didn't fix it.

Any ideas what is wrong here?

TIA,

Sal

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: sbrusco

Hi,

start command _DRAWORDER one time manually, switch some test objects forward and backward and then let _REGEN run once ... better now?

I would also verify that in a new drawing.

For the existing drawing doing one time _AUDIT may also help for the consistency of the database of the drawing objects.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
jggerth

You said 'one computer'.   Does the same drawing display with the correct draworder on other machines?  if that's the case, try doing a repair of the install on the troublesome pc from Control Panel.

Alternatively, why not use Mtext with background masking?  that's my go-to choice for text masking...

Message 4 of 5
sbrusco
in reply to: jggerth

Hi JGerth,

" Mtext with background masking" was the solution. I was making this harder than necessary.

Sal

Message 5 of 5
david.flores

Using MText with the background mask works great for me as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost