Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting from Sketchup into Autocad and setting line weights and plot at scale.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
5052 Views, 4 Replies

Exporting from Sketchup into Autocad and setting line weights and plot at scale.

Hello there,

I've starting using Autocad a while ago. I've got a problem trying to plot a drawing at A1 and at scale1:20. The drawing was made in Google Sketchup initially and then I exported it as dwg file. The line types are all on the same layer and they have the same thickness.  I've been trying to plot this file into Autocad and print/save it as a scaled image on an A1 pdf page. The problem is that the drawing comes out with different line thicknesses and also some of the lines seem slightly darker in colour; this is really frustrating since the lines in the initial drawing are all the same thickness and colour. I tried different things to correct this: I went into the layer tab and set the thickness and colour thinking this might make the lines uniform, also I tried in the plot window unselecting 'plot object line weights' and 'plot with plot styles'. None of these work and the drawing still comes out with different line weights. I want it to have all lines the same weights and colour. I also tried the purge command hoping this might help, but I had no success so far.

I attached the pdf image that I keep getting when I plot in case someone can help me correct it. Thank you.

PS. Ok I just noticed something very interesting. When I open the second file I uploaded here the drawing appears fine. But if I click on it, download it on desktop and then open it, it comes up with different line weights. Could there be a problem with my pdf reader? Or could there be some other problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

PDFs look fine here.
Change your PDF reader perhaps, I'm looking at your files on my phone.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for the suggestion. I just did that. I reinstalled my adobe reader and I also installed Pdf Creator. It's very funny in Adobe reader the drawing looks very bad whearead in Pdf Creator it looks just about right. I will attach the screenshots below.

Now the problem is that I have to edit this drawing in Illustrator and Photoshop. As soon as I open it it looks like the bad version. Do you happen to know what I can do? Thank youuu.

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

>>>crossposting<<<

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
pendean

Other than committing the ultimate sin we all hate (aka crossposting and pretending this one doesn't exist)...
Save as a 2007 dwg file and then open it with Adobe Illustrator. Make sure all line weights are correct then save as pdf usng maximum quality. This will give you a much sharper image.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost