Did you mean: 

Errors found on opening Autocad

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
slauer12
542 Views, 6 Replies

Errors found on opening Autocad

So I have began working on a project and this project has hundreds of drawings in hundreds of files but when opening about 20 of these files it says that their are N errors found and recovery is suggested. When I use recover it fails and opens a blank Drawing 1. I have tried to audit and purge the file but neither work. I have exploded all the blocks and that doesnt help. I have copied and pasted the model space drawing to a new file and that fixed the problem but that deletes all text in the attributed blocks and I don't have the time to go back and edit all of the blocks. I have to submit this project with no error messages so just ignoring the error message is not an option either. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: slauer12

You need to start with the XREFs first, or use RECOVERALL command.
Message 3 of 7
slauer12
in reply to: pendean

The only thing that is xrefed is the border on the sheet and that is not the problem because it is in the files that don't have the problem. And i use the recoverall command and it does not fix the problem it says that it corrects 1 error and then I save the file and reopen it and it still has 4037 errors which is what I began with.

Message 4 of 7
slauer12

everything else in the drawing is all in blocks and I have tried to explode and make a wblock but that deletes all my attributive block text and don't have the time to go back through all the files and retype all the text that gets erased.

Message 5 of 7
M_Hensley

If you want to keep the attribute values of a block intact after exploding then use BURST instead of explode.

Message 6 of 7
slauer12
in reply to: M_Hensley

well i switched to regular autocad instead of autocad lt and it solved the problem so it must be something that the lt cant open that causes the errors. maybe smart objects from revit

Message 7 of 7
eyal

in my case turning LAYEREVAL to 0 solved it - apparently when many layers in Xrefs are changed - Autocad interprets it as errors in opening a file

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost