Error while starting - 2015

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tomtom1996
716 Views, 5 Replies

Error while starting - 2015

Hello everyone,

I have installed the 2015 version of Autocad just today and im experiencing the problem that i cant start it. I am getting a error message even before the typical autodesk loading screen shows up. I have looked up the error code i get and some people were getting it in late 2013 after a win7 update but I have already uninstalled the update so this couldnt be the problem.

The error I get says (translated by me, the german orginal is attached as a picture):

"The Application couldnt be started correctly (0xc0000005). Press "OK", to terminate the application."

I have already tried to open it with administrative privileges but I still get the same error. Hoping that somebody could help me with solving the problem 🙂

greetings Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

>> I have already tried to open it with administrative privileges

You tried to open AutoCAD with a user account having admin permissions or you tried to start AutoCAD with right-click onto the icon and use option "Als Administrator ausführen"?

What operating system do you have, what graphiccard and driver?

Also worth to try: repair your AutoCAD installation (Systemsteuerung ==> Programme und Funktionen ==> AutoCAD 2015 ==> deinstallieren/ändern), make sure to have disabled any defending software like antivirus ....

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6

Hi Alfred,

Thanks for the quick answer.

I have tried to open it with right click and "Als Administrator ausführen". I am on Win7 and my computer has the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 2GB. I'm using the driver version 335.23 (brand new update)

I tried your suggestion to disable all Antivirus but this hasn't helped, still the same Error. And now i have repaired Autocad but I'm still getting the same Error...

I hope that you have some other suggestions 🙂

greetings thomas
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

after a repair installation you should find a log file in you  temp-folder, does that show any errors? If so can you upload that file?

Can you login to your Windows with a new Windows user account, having admin permissions and start AutoCAD there again?

BTW: did AutoCAD never start since you installed it? Have you finished the activation process yet? And for activation: are you running a network-license or a local licensing system?

If your graphic card driver supports that and you have also a Intel HD graphic card built in can you start AutoCAD by right-clicking it an use option to start AutoCAD on integrated graphic card?

2014-04-20 22-18-14.png

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 6

Hi Alfred,

Thanks for the continued help 🙂

Nope AutoCAD has never started before (at least not the 2015 Version, the other Versions, 2014 2013 are working) The Repair has not found any things to repair. I am running a local licensing (Student licence).

NOW IT WORKS 🙂
I have updated the graphics using the "reinstall drivers completely" option which is not selected by default. Then after a restart AutoCAD 2015 is working like it should. Thanks for the help again.

greetings thomas
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

>> I have updated the graphics using the "reinstall drivers completely" option which is not selected by default

Ohh, I always use that option, so never thought about that.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, that might help others too!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost