Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when printing with the plotter directly

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
hanidraidi
484 Views, 12 Replies

Error when printing with the plotter directly

When I plot using adobe pdf printer everything goes well, and the pdf document is created, but when I send the document to the plotter (HP desinget 800Ps 42) directly  a warning appeares (showed in the screenshot below) and the printing operation is terminated. How to fix this issue??

Clip_31.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: hanidraidi

I can't squint and make that out: what's the error message say exactly?
Message 3 of 13
hanidraidi
in reply to: pendean

Sorry, here is a larger shot that shows the message:

Clip_34.jpg

I tried this from different machines, with the same printer and the same installed driver and it worked!!!

Message 4 of 13
pendean

Thanks for the new screenshot.

The error message usually means your driver is not talking to your plotter on your machine: the fact that it works fine on other machines is a good thing, it means there is nothing wrong with the plotter.
Can you print from other programs to it? Are you using a PC3 file in AutoCAD by chance? Are you attached to the plotter differently from everyone else? is your driver set to plot to the correct port or IP Address? Does your port or IP Adress match the others on the other machines?
Message 5 of 13
olivier.eckmann

Hi,

driver for HP800PS doesn't work under Windows 8. I think you need to install HP4000PS driver 

here

Olivier

Message 6 of 13
hanidraidi

Hi Mr. Sadallah,

I printed from this machine with different programs to the same printer and it worked, and I checked the driver configuration and it was exactly the same as other machines (including the printer IP) that printed from AutoCAD successfully with this plotter. About PC3 file, I don’t know it and how to check if it is the source of the problem.

Message 7 of 13
pendean

PLOT command, when you select the driver you normally use, does the name include the word PC3? All your other programs are printing to the WIndows System printer, so you need to ensure you are doing the same in AutoCAD (OPTIONS command, PLOT tab, make sure you did not check the box called HIDE SYSTEM PRINTER).

And don't ignore the other advice being offered by others.
Message 8 of 13
hanidraidi

There is no PC3 in this plotter name, and in the plot options the hide system printer option is unchecked.

Message 9 of 13

I am using win 8.1, and it worked with other machines (using win 8.1) with the same plotter.

Message 10 of 13
pendean

Them you need to reformat your harddrive and mirror the installation of the other machines if you don't want to change drivers as suggested by the other user above.

Many HP plotter users are now reporting total failure of 2015/HP/Win8.1 and Autodesk seems to be acknowledging it to them privately. So your choices appear to be limited.

Good luck.
Message 11 of 13
hanidraidi

Many thanks Mr. Sadallah.

Message 12 of 13
andy

I have the same error with my AutoCAD2015 LT, however it will print from AutoCAD2014 LT...

my PC is on Windows 8.1 pro...

Message 13 of 13
pendean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost