AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Message 1 of 4 (981 Views)
Accepted Solution

Error 1606 when users try to start AutoCAD 2013

981 Views, 3 Replies
04-15-2013 09:25 AM

Good day,

I have Autodesk Design Academy 2013 installed on a lab of computers in my domain.  Students have been successfully using Inventor 2013 so far this year, and now they are trying to use AutoCAD 2013 and Mechanical 2013 but are encountering an error.  When trying to start either of these programs, an MSI installer starts (I suppose for user-specific files) and then the message box below pops up:

Autodesk error.PNG

After closing out the error boxes, the programs simply do not start.  The domain users have their personal folders redirected from a network share, which is listed in the error box.  Why these MSIs can't access the network location, I don't know, because the user logged in has full permissions on their own folder, and they can indeed access their folder from these computers.  When I log in to the computer with a local administrative account, the programs work without error.  So my question is, how can I get around this so my users can actually use the software?  Is there a registry key I can change to point to the local drive instead of their personal folders? 

Thanks so much for any help!

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (978 Views)

Re: Error 1606 when users try to start AutoCAD 2013

04-15-2013 09:34 AM in reply to: mholtberg

Hi,

one search and >>>here<<< are two possible solutions (post 17 and post 20), have you tried them already?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 4 (962 Views)

04-15-2013 10:01 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yes, when I looked before posting my question I saw that disabling folder redirection is a potential solution.  Unfortunately, I cannot disable folder redirection, as the users need to be able to access their personal folders on various other computers in the domain.  I'm hoping that the Autodesk group has a way around this issue - given the nearly standard practice of folder redirection in enterprise domains and the common use of AutoCAD software, one would think this is an issue that ought to have been addressed.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Message 4 of 4 (886 Views)

04-18-2013 06:35 AM in reply to: mholtberg

For anyone else that may have this problem, another solution I was given was to copy the files from a local account that had already gone through the first-time run of the AutoCAD and Mechanical 2013 programs, and to place them in the directories of each domain user who wanted to use the software.  This is not something that I could have implemented in my environment, as there are dozens of existing users on each lab computer I would have to do this for, as well as new users who are constantly coming through needing to use the software.  What I ended up doing is making a local account on those machines that users can sign into to use the software, and then save their work on a network share - not ideal, but there really wasn't an alternative.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube