Did you mean: 

Ending command Measuregeom

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Fada1973
885 Views, 9 Replies

Ending command Measuregeom

Hello dear reader. I have used few days my new Autocad 2014 LT- version and one thing is particularly annoying me. It is measuring. I press the button, command measuregeon starts, i measure and after that i press right mouse button or Enter. Neither of these previously worked ways are now useable. I have to press Esc in order to finish measuring. Really annoying. Once again, why fix something that is not broken?

Is there any way i can finish Measuregeom except Esc? Is there some other command that works like measuring used to do?

Thank you for your time!!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
nestly2
in reply to: Fada1973

I had the same experience when they first introduced MEASUREGEOM.  I simply replaced that tool with the classic distance tool

To use the classic distance tool, type DIST at the command line, or use the CUI to make a copy the MEASUREGEOM command and then change the command macro from ^C^C_MEASUREGEOM _distance to '_dist

Another possible solution is to use a mouse with programmable buttons and program one of them for "ESC". 

Message 3 of 10
Fada1973
in reply to: nestly2

Thank you Sir or Lady. I changed the macro and i am now happy. 🙂

Message 4 of 10
GrantsPirate

You can type X at the command line or pick eXit on the on screen menu, or hit Ctrl+Enter.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 10
jdavis417

Options>> User Preferences>> Edit Mode>> Shortcut Menu (I further suggest trying the "time-sensative right-click option)

User MEASUREGEOM .. right-click (slow, if enabled)>> seclect Cancel

Message 6 of 10
srh6640
in reply to: nestly2

This didn't work for me. Is there another step I can do to end the command after the measurement?
Message 7 of 10
cadffm
in reply to: srh6640

Hi,

1. It works also on your side. Looks like you missunderstood the hint to use command _DIST instead the _measuregeom;_distance macro

2. Read the commandline while using, or answer #4 above

the option to exit the command is, EXIT.

- Sebastian -
Message 8 of 10
srh6640
in reply to: cadffm

This is what I changed it to: ^C^C_MEASUREGEOM '_dist but I still need the extra step to esc

Message 9 of 10
cadffm
in reply to: srh6640

😞

aaagain:

_dist

INSTEAD _measuregeom;_dist

DIST is a command!

Type in _dist<enter>[F1]

Macro

^C^C^C_DIST

-

and the 2clicks macro for measuregeom is (untested, just from rememer, I am with my Mobile on the treadmill. Rofl)

^C^C^C_MEASUREGEOM;_distance;\\_exit

(But you can't see the result by dnamic input, because the macro exit the command)

- Sebastian -
Message 10 of 10
srh6640
in reply to: cadffm

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost