AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Contributor
kcasperson
Message 1 of 5 (646 Views)

Electrical Three-Line Diagrams

646 Views, 4 Replies
07-09-2012 01:25 PM

Hello all,

Anyone have a quick/easier way of creating three-line diagrams? I'm working on a map of our main feeder lines and the boss wants three-phase lines done as three-lines, but there's a heck of a lot of it and it doesn't necessarily keep to the orthoganals. 

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 5 (640 Views)

Re: Electrical Three-Line Diagrams

07-09-2012 02:52 PM in reply to: kcasperson

Hi,

a help could be to use _MLINE (>>>details<<<) with a style of three parallels. It's not a solution for all situations of diagrams, but it's a help.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 3 of 5 (614 Views)

07-10-2012 07:42 AM in reply to: kcasperson

If this is the main distribution electrical drawing I don't see the need for a three line diagram, or how that would even provide anything of value above a one-line.  Further down the line it would make sense for motor controls, etc.

More to the point, I would do everything orthogonal with very few exceptions, and then at 45 degrees.  So either set polar to 45 and leave it on or turn ortho on and have polar ready for when needed.

Contributor
kcasperson
Message 4 of 5 (606 Views)

07-10-2012 07:58 AM in reply to: GrantsPirate

Preaching to the choir, Jonez. Unfortunately we're still a year away from our proper GIS mapping system and what they've been using for line replacement and work plans for the past decade or so is this three-line. It's a map of the area, with color-coded phases and multilines for three-phase line. It's not pretty and I'm not fond of it, but it's what the consulting engineer is used to, and starting from scratch would take even longer. 

Thanks for the mline tip, Alfred, that's been working pretty well so far.

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 5 of 5 (594 Views)

07-10-2012 12:28 PM in reply to: kcasperson

Sounds frustrating, good luck.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube