Did you mean: 

Dynamic block attributes in visibility states

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4408 Views, 5 Replies

Dynamic block attributes in visibility states

What is the proper procedure for creating a dynamic block with multiple attributes in different visibility states?

I created a dynamic block with multiple attribtues and visibility states to include different attributes.  However, when I insert the block, the attributes don't show up for editing in their respective visibility state.

What am I doing wrong??

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You may need to be a little more specific on exactly what the issue(s) are.  For example, are all attributes misbehaving or only some of them? Are any of them showing up at all? If they are showing up, are they showing up in the the "correct" visibility state AND the "wrong" one(s) or only in the "wrong" one(s)? Does every visibility state have it's own set of attributes, are some attributes shared across all visibility states, or are all attributes shared across all visibility states?  Also, what settings have been set to the attributes themselves? For example, if any of them have been set to constant, then they will never show up regardless of the visibility state (since they are not editable).

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hmm. Thanks for your input. I'm weak at this stuff (obviously). I've attached the block. Maybe you could have a look at it. It's a Revision block for drawings, and I want to be able to change the visibility to show only the rows that are populated. It contains five rows in all.

Maybe it will make more sense if you open it to see what I've done.

Thanks.

Doug Cassidy
doug.cassidy@sentio.ca
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Yes, I can definitely have a look at it for you (and other's who view the post). You just need to attach the drawing 🙂

P.S: I'm not seeing an attachment on your last post 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I appreciate that. I attached it to the last email. Here it is again. Let me know if you still don't receive it, or if maybe you have another address I can send it to.

Thanks again.

Doug Cassidy
doug.cassidy@sentio.ca
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Just wanted to give the solution here for others reading the post.  The problem was found to be that any attribute within any invisible state(s) MUST have its "Locked Location" flag set.  If this flag is not set, the attribute will not be visible (even when that invisible state is "turned" on), but only it's grip and the attribute editor (or advanced attribute editor) will not "see" the attribute(s).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost