Drawing is Busy Error

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
shnaiegate
4716 Views, 9 Replies

Drawing is Busy Error

Hello 

i am new to forum cand some one help me with my cad file it gives busy Error and remove all the Data and save as auto with empty file can some one help ma how to fix it and reduce the size of file hope to have a Answer soon 

thex 

shani

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
maxim_k
in reply to: shnaiegate

Hi Shani,

What message exactly you get from AutoCAD? And when do you see "Busy error"? During saving or opening drawing file?
Need more details.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 10
bahram2013

i have problem with Autocad when ever i working in CAD Automitacally the drwing disperring giving error,drawing busy.even i will not be able to save the drawing,so what ever i was doing everything will get lost.

Message 4 of 10
bahram2013

Automation error "Drawing is busy"?

I am facing this big problem in my auto cad 2010 & 2013(Automation error "Drawing is busy" ).If am working with any file I do know which time it’s become blank in my sheet. Always one week now, more than 30 Minute I can’t do any drawing with my auto cad because it’s all erasing automatically then its showing one txt for this Automation error "Drawing is busy" ..After that I can’t recover or audit nothing to work ...how can I solve this problem? It’s my computer virus problem? Auto cad I reinstall one time..... Please give me right

Message 5 of 10
forlife161
in reply to: bahram2013

I think you should reinstall the program it anyway, because it is prone to error 

Architect

Cau nang

Message 6 of 10
maic_bigfoot
in reply to: forlife161

i have the same issue ,

autocad 2013 problem, within editing a block in the block editor , when closing to go back to the model , got the error of ( Automation error "Drawing is busy" )

and then the drawing disappear , but the file size shows that everything is in thier.

i tried many other compatible software to open the file , importing the file to coreldraw , adobe illustrator , but nothing happen.

any help !

Message 7 of 10
maic_bigfoot
in reply to: maic_bigfoot

and for Mr. orlife161

no reinstalling is not the solution , as i tried the file in another computers and the file itself got something wrong happen .

as i told you ,
i tried many other compatible software like cadobia ,
progecad ,
coreldraw ,
adobe illustrator
DWG repair Toolbox

and nothing happen .
the file itself have something wrong
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 10
jggerth1
in reply to: maic_bigfoot

Have you tried the RECOVER command on the problem drawing file instead of simply OPENing it?

If that does not help, then you'll need to go back to the last known good version, possibly try renaming the .bak file to have a .dwg extension, or restore an ealier version from your backup system.

If all else failes, you may end up recreating the dwg from scratch.

Message 9 of 10
maic_bigfoot

for sorry i did started to create the dwg again .

i tried the recover , audit , purge , 

renaming the Bak. 

even in another machines that is working very fine . 

i don`t know what is the matter and i`m worried about facing same trouble again 

i installed a clean version of registered windows and the autocad 2013 and will see.

Message 10 of 10
masanisreekar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost