Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing dimensions not matching original drawing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ArchBishop70
872 Views, 1 Reply

Drawing dimensions not matching original drawing

When opening a drawing the lines I draw are too big. The drawing units are set at decimal/limitless when opened. I switch to Architectural/inches to work with. If I draw a line 1 foot long it is much longer than similar sized objects already drawn. Does precision in drawing units have to be selected?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nestly2
in reply to: ArchBishop70

Wecome to the Autodesk forums.

It sounds like you are trying to entering your values using a different format than the drawing was created in.  For example, if the drawing was create in the US Civil industry, it's probably created in decimal feet where "1" equals 1 foot, if you try to enter 6 inches as "6" the line won't be six inches, it will be 6 feet in the drawing.  The same is true for Imperial vs Metric drawings (1" = 25.4mm)  There are several different ways to work around this situation.  If the drawing isn't going to be returned to the author and isn't part of a larger project, you could simply scale the entire drawing "up" or "down" to match your prefered units.  (Scale by 12x to convert from Decimal feet into Feet/inches)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost