Did you mean: 

Double click editing does not work on inserts or their attributes

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
ajohnson
6832 Views, 26 Replies

Double click editing does not work on inserts or their attributes

We are starting to install AutoCAD 2014 on our machines. On one of our machines, the user can't get double click editing to work on inserts. I can open the drawing on my machine and it works fine. She is using the same profile and workspace and both machines have SP1 installed. Double click editing works for other objects (MLeaders, Text...) but not for inserts or their attributes. The only way she can edit the attribute text is through the property window.

What am I missing?

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
ajohnson
in reply to: ajohnson

Figured out the issue! The dialog box was located off-screeen. Editing the location of the AcEAttEdit Dialog registry keys X & Y values back to 00000000 and 00000000 fixed it.
Message 22 of 27
TimFarrell

I am currently having the same problem.  Normally work with laptop in docking station.  Am on the road, and suddenly cannot use the attribute editor.  I suspect it is off screen as you discovered.  How do you edit the location?

Message 23 of 27
ajohnson
in reply to: TimFarrell

Use regedit to modify the X and Y keys as noted above.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D001:409\Profiles\DWA 2014 W7.05\Dialogs\AcEAttEdit

Is where it is on  my machine

Message 24 of 27
TimFarrell

It worked!  Thanks very much for your help.

Tim

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: TimFarrell

Here is another thing to try.

Make sure none of your layers are isolated, locked, frozen, or turned off.

I had the same issue when isolating room number blocks with attributes for information.  When the block layer was isolated, I could not edit the attributes of the block.  When I unlocked all the layers, I was again able to edit the attributes of the block.

Good luck!

Message 26 of 27
Manicbala

How to edit the location of dialog box?

Thanks
Bala
Message 27 of 27
ajohnson
in reply to: Manicbala

See message 23 in this thread.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost