Did you mean: 

Dimensions - only 8's are in a different font

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ilyurbella
586 Views, 7 Replies

Dimensions - only 8's are in a different font

When I go to open up any of my files, any dimesion that has an "8" in it, is automatically changed to a different text font. It just happens to every "8" and no other number or letter. I have to individual change them on all my files. How can I fix this? It just started doing this today.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
M_Hensley
in reply to: ilyurbella

Can you attach a dwg file with a couple of dimensions that show this so we can check out their properties?

(You may have to zip it up because sometimes the forum won't let you attach anything else.)

Message 3 of 8
ilyurbella
in reply to: M_Hensley

Well here's the file that I have the screen shot of.

Message 4 of 8

Hi,

start command _STYLE, select "Standard" on the left side and change the font to "Arial", close the dialog with ok and run command _REGEN once ... better now?

If it is better then I guess your AutoCAD can't find all fonts it should have installed (in this case txt.shx).

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 8

How would I fix finding the txt.shx?

Message 6 of 8

txt.shx is installed, so I don't know why it's doing this.

Message 7 of 8

Hi,

Look first in the _STYLE -dialog if the "txt.shx" is listed.

If it's listed I guess the file might be defect, a repair-install might help or you find it on www.

If it's not listed you can verify the settings in the _OPTIONS -dialog ==> tab "Files" and look if you have a folder "...\Fonts" in the list of the support paths, if not compare it to my screenshot and add it (my screenshot is from plain AutoCAD 2014 installed on Win7).

2013-08-20 21-35-31.png

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 8 of 8
David_Knight
in reply to: ilyurbella

make sure it is in your preferences path.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost