AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Contributor
NogHexta_77
Message 1 of 3 (450 Views)
Accepted Solution

Dimension style with $0

450 Views, 2 Replies
02-12-2013 08:02 AM

I created a dimension style in a drawing, a co-worker opened a read only copy of that drawing, and did a "save as." He now has an issue that is causing us grief. The dimension style has changed in his drawing that now includes $0 in the name. It also has a completely different look to it. It doesn't show up in the dimension style editor. the only way I can detect it is in the properties box.

Can someone help us out?

*Expert Elite*
M_Hensley
Message 2 of 3 (430 Views)

Re: Dimension style with $0

02-12-2013 11:41 AM in reply to: NogHexta_77

If you want to create a child dimension style from the command line to be used for linear dimensions, you set your dim variables then save it as the parent dimension style name with $0 on the end.

It is not supposed to show up in the dimstyle manager that way, but I have seen it happen before. If purging does not get rid of it then change your existing dimensions to a different style and then purge.

Just insert a drawing with a good dimension in it to get the style back.

Contributor
NogHexta_77
Message 3 of 3 (421 Views)

Re: Dimension style with $0

02-12-2013 12:42 PM in reply to: M_Hensley

THANKS!! This was able to help us out.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube