Did you mean: 

Dimension offset

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mclosson
3160 Views, 3 Replies

Dimension offset

When placing a dimension with the text outside of the extension lines, it defaults to placing the text either above right or below left of the arrows. If you try to grip/drag the text to another location (ie below right or above left) it won't allow it. I don't know if it is following some standard, but in the example shown, I had to explode the dimension to position the text in the preferred location. Is there something I'm missing on text placement? I hope the attached image explains it more clearly. Thanks.

Dimension scheme.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
drjohn
in reply to: mclosson

That's an easy answer so I guess I'll take it ... select the offset dim you want to move, hover over the grip on the text ... when a menu appears, select MOVE WITH LEADER and drag it to where you want it.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 4
mclosson
in reply to: drjohn

drjohn, I accepted your answer as the correct solution. Thanks! But I wonder why you can't place the text where you want it in the first place without the extra steps to place it then move it.

Message 4 of 4
drjohn
in reply to: mclosson

Gonna have to ask AutoDesk programmers (or pendean ... he has answers for all things AutoCAD Smiley Wink ) about that one.  I just run with what they give us.  Smiley Indifferent  I've asked that question a few times in the last 20 some years  (version 2.17b on 3  5.25"  floppies)

Regards,

DJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost