Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Text Angle

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jkaufmanBASX
595 Views, 5 Replies

Dimension Text Angle

I would like to create a command in the Annotate menu that will turn dimensioning text 90 degrees or back to 0 degrees depending on what degrees it is currently at.  I am struggling with finding a dim variable or system variable that stores the current angle.  I am just learning how to write macros and applying them to the menu with the CUI.  Any help would be appreciated greatly.  I have explored the following macro with what I could gleen online.

^c^c\dimedit;rotate;$m=$(if(=90 0)(90));

Or something like that.

Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
drjohn
in reply to: jkaufmanBASX

Might be easier just to define a dimstyle exactly like the current one except the text is rotated and change the ones you want to that style rather than trying to turn them programatically.  Finding a pivot point might be difficult.

2 cents

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 6
jkaufmanBASX
in reply to: drjohn

I am good with that idea - I was able to rotate the text when I right click on the dimension and go to properties but could not find a way to rotate the text through the dimstyle command where I would create the new dimstyle. Suggestions?
Message 4 of 6
jkaufmanBASX

Also - Dim Styles only follow the drawing.  I am hoping to create this as a menu item that will be usable from drawing to drawing without importing styles each time.

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
scot-65

Look into overrides instead of actually creating a unique dimension style. The format would go something like this for existing objects
(setvar SOMEDIMVARIABLE somevalue) -or- (command ".dim" somedimvariable somevalue "")
command DIMSTYLE "apply" and select the object.
(command ".dim" "Restore" [MyDimstyle] "Exit")
For creating new objects is similar.
conceptual.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 6 of 6
drjohn
in reply to: scot-65

That would work, too. (I hate overrides ... but that's just me). Since the dimtext placement does follow the drawing you can set up a dimstyle that is either horizontal or follows the dimline or vertical ... whatever and put that in your drawing template. No import then. Select as many dims as you want and go to properties and you can turn them (change style) all at once. Regards, DJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost